Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
CAMFS is one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country! We are currently operating with 500+ mobile trucks and 20+ shops. As a leader and innovator in the mobile fleet service industry, we provide preventative maintenance excellence with proprietary technology tailored to each customer's unique needs. Our business has experienced substantial organic and acquisitive growth in the past few years, with additional significant future growth expected soon. As our business continues to expand, we are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to fill the positions now available on our talented team of professionals.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Sr. Fleet Mobile Technician to join our Team to support the future growth of the Company. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Always follows and complies with safe operating practices and procedures.
- Independently manage parts inventory and equipment provided on company-issued service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain and operate company-issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks, and pre-/post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of vehicle equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Performs maintenance and repair of different classes of vehicles or specialized vehicless by troubleshooting, complex hydraulic systems, diesel systems, gas systems, generators, electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light and major repairs. Perform advanced vehicle diagnostics. Will have direct interaction with customers and display exceptional interpersonal skills while driving service center’s performance with the highest integrity and trust.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Install, maintain, replace, and repair aftermarket equipment in vehicles.
- Performs more complex repairs and advanced diagnostics.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. Perform work in accordance with safety standards. Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Inspect, test, and identify defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and to ensure that they are working properly.
- Remain up-to-date on safety protocols and procedures.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Work with and listen effectively to clients and customers to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT, ANSI Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a mobile/field environment.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, welding equipment, lift and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company-issued device.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience; or 7 years’ experience in a related field
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or within 72 hrs. of hire.
- Possess or able to obtain within 18 months of hire: Master ASE certification, and ASE 608/609 certification
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle engines, parts, and systems, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, to make repairs or perform maintenance services.
- Must continue training to maintain a current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for light and medium truck applications.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Must be detail oriented.
- OEM training and certifications are preferred.
- Additional training and certifications include A1 through A8 or T1 through T8
- ASE L1 (Advanced Engine Performance Specialist) certification
- ASE L2 (Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis Specialist) certification
- Diesel experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record required & vehicle/insurance to meet transportation needs.
- Must be willing to complete a background check after an offer of employment has been made, and urine drug screen.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level
- Lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.