The IT Strategic Senior Sourcing Manager will lead the development and provide ongoing support for corporate wide strategic sourcing and vendor rationalization. This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of strategic IT sourcing projects with specific focus on Software (on-prem/SaaS/PaaS/Cloud), IT Hardware, IT Maintenance, and collaborate on IT Consulting Service categories. This includes defining category specific sourcing strategy plans and leading the sourcing processes including market and baseline analysis, managing suppliers, developing, and implementing strategies, performing supplier capability assessments, risk management, continuous improvement, and benchmarking.
- Develop, implement, and maintain category strategies and plans in the following categories of spend: Enterprise IT Software (on-prem/SaaS/PaaS/Cloud), Network Hardware maintenance and support as well as the procurement of IT equipment.
- Drive competitive sourcing events and support vendor selection process.
- Execute detailed baselining and spend analytics within categories of ownership.
- Track ongoing compliance of IT category and drive escalation process for non-approved system spend activities.
- Support in supplier escalation processes and supplier relationship management/issue resolution.
- Drive implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers within IT categories for opportunity identification and business case development.
- Drive special project opportunities within IT categories (supplier and cost benchmarking and research, etc.).
- Solicits formal and informal bids for requested services, consider/benchmark price, terms, delivery, compatibility, total cost of the supplier's ability to meet their responsibilities.
- Optimize supply base moving towards a few strategic suppliers.
- Establish balanced scorecard selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price.
- Support implementation, planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Serves as an agent to guide Cox's supplier diversity efforts by providing data monitoring, evaluation, status reports and program communication.
- Responsible for incorporating diversity and sustainability initiatives of the Enterprise and Division into category and supplier management practices.
- Develops and implements program standards, procedures, guidance, and discipline.
- Identifies change management opportunities and develops recommendations.
- Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Works with the contracts department to create agreements/contracts/standing orders with successful vendor(s), which contain the benefits (prices, service, technology, asset/inventory management, quality, etc.), using corporate contract templates or other approved methods.
- Negotiates contracts for strategic and large vendor (Ex: Microsoft/Cisco/Adobe/Salesforce ) contracts for the procurement of services.
- Implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage companywide volume, reducing the number of vendors to an optimum number.
- Provide input to sourcing executives on decisions for the IT area of capital and operational expenditures in conjunction with business stakeholders and boundary partners.
- Responsible for the development of annual category strategies and plans for assigned categories, which will include market and baseline analysis, supplier capability assessments, business need assessment against available spend, and industry benchmarking.
- Participate in the development of supplier acquisition/management strategies for function, region and department business and boundary partners.
- Develop and maintain broad product and industry knowledge of trends and best-in-class practices for assigned categories.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of suppliers to ensure a pipeline of available suppliers, opportunity identification, and business case development.
- Recommend new category strategies, process improvements and supplier relationship structures for the division.
- Design and lead the implementation of improvements, modifications, or adaptations to category and supplier management techniques.
- Manage current supplier relationships at the supply chain level and develop transition strategy for termination/renewal in conjunction with business and boundary partners.
- Manage escalations involving critical and strategic suppliers within assigned categories and drive resolution.
- May participate in negotiation of escalated/highly critical contracts and projects as needed.
- Supports business and boundary partners in supplier escalations and management/issue resolution.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders and boundary partners.
- Present and communicate to business partner leadership regarding current state of categories and suppliers.
- Integrate with Technology Governance & Technology Finance teams to ensure alignment with Technology's strategic plans in IT software/HW.
- 8+ years of related business experience including a minimum of 5 years in strategic sourcing is required. A combination of Sourcing/Finance experience is acceptable. Or some combination of a Masters degree and 6 years of experience, Ph.D. and three years of experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience successfully supporting a large-scale Program Management / Process Improvement / Integration initiatives resulting in organizational change.
- Experience negotiating with large IT Suppliers.
- Proven experience in the 7-step strategic sourcing process.
- Solid analytic capabilities required.
- RFx experience required.
- Experience assigning and coordinating work of cross-functional team members to accomplish project goals.
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Self-starter with ability to manage projects and relationships independently.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills through written or verbal communication with specific
- experience in management reporting and executive presentations.
- Proven ability to create and execute effective business plans.
- Solid business financial understanding and exceptional organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the IT Category.
- Some travel required.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Human Resources, Operations, or a related discipline).
- Understanding and demonstrated use of ERP and Office 365 system highly desirable.
- Experience in leading IT Category for a Fortune 500 company.
- Project management experience and six sigma training.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.