*** If you have any questions or to connect with a recruiter while your application is being reviewed, please Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130 ***
****Veterans encouraged to apply****
Fleet Services – A Cox Automotive Company keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Fleet Services by Cox Automotive has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
Fleet Services is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Fleet Services also services customers utilizing its 50+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
Fleet Services By Cox Automotive is currently hiring a Truck Body Shop Tech I to join our Field Maintenance Team to support future growth of the Company. This is an on-site role and we do not provide emergency road services. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you! Truck Body Shop Technician I will be responsible for performing small panel and bumper replacement/repair, parts removal, caulking/sealing, and other duties as assigned such as removing decals, paint preparation, sanding/grinding. The Truck Body Shop Technician I can perform more advanced repairs under the supervision or instruction of a Truck Body Shop Technician II or higher. The Truck Body Shop Technician I assists Truck Body Shop Technician II or higher Technicians with repairs and continues to learn additional advanced mechanical skills. A successful Truck Body Shop Technician I complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
Primary Duties/Key Responsibilities
- Follows and complies with safe operating practices and procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in cleanup at the end of each day for tools, parts, and equipment.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform minor adjustments and light repairs on various types of Truck equipment including small panel and bumper replacement/repair, parts removal, caulking/sealing, and other duties as assigned such as removing decals, paint preparation, sanding/grinding in a Shop environment.
- Use hand tools as well as basic power tools and safety equipment such as lifts, jacks, and stands.
- Accurately complete all forms of documentation including basic job descriptions on Repair Order and daily worked hours on Karmak application in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Communicate with Shop Manager and support team to discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT. Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where applicable.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Conduct safety checks on shop equipment such as ladder inspections.
- Review any incomplete, missed damage, or improper repairs with management before proceeding.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Participate in and complete all-in company required training
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or withing 72 hrs. of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Must have generally less than 2 years of experience in Truck service and/or repair experience or technical school education or equivalent combination of education/skill/experiences.
- Knowledge of Truck parts and systems, including their designs, and uses to make basic repairs.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Ability to communicate information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Ability to work comfortably on heights up to 13' using ladders and scaffolding with provided safety equipment such as safety harnesses and guardrails.
- Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed for repairs.
Why Fleet Services By Cox Automotive?
- $XX-$XX+ hourly depending on experience and location.
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.