Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with analysts, product owners, business customers, and developers to translate functional and technical requirements into actionable software tasks and features.
- Estimate development work efforts for Strategic projects, Enhancements, and Keep The Lights On (KTLO) operations.
- Collaborate with fellow software engineering resources to ensure best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Stand out as a leading figure within the team, setting standards for excellence and encouraging others.
- Drive software development results with minimal supervision and provide guidance to junior engineers.
- Take the initiative in complex problem-solving situations, troubleshooting intricate software issues, and devising solutions.
- Lead the software development efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of efficient, robust, and maintainable software products.
- Develop and implement effective software architectures, design patterns, and methodologies to ensure high functionality, performance, and security.
- Design, develop, and maintain software components and applications using .NET C#, ensuring adherence to industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with the QA, development, and product teams to ensure feedback is considered, continuously refining the software development process.
- Implement and refine features, enhancements, and bug fixes, ensuring they meet user requirements and improve product quality.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software issues, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- Engage in code review processes to ensure quality, maintainability, and adherence to coding standards.
- Mentor and guide junior software engineering team members, promoting a culture of continuous learning and excellence.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure that developed features undergo thorough testing, meet the set criteria, and are of the highest quality.
- Regular updates on software development progress, challenges, and milestones ensure stakeholders are informed.
- Certify the readiness of software deliverables, ensuring they are ready for production deployment.
- Actively gather feedback on software products and processes, aiming to continually enhance user satisfaction and product quality.
- Apply advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and techniques, ensuring quality and best practices are at the forefront of all development activities.
- Showcase a growth mindset by staying updated with emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in software development.
- Implement strategies to enhance the software development process's efficiency, aiming for faster delivery times and standardized workflows.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field, with ten years of hands-on software development experience; alternatively, hold a Master's with six years of experience, a Ph.D. with two years of experience, or have 15+ years of experience in software engineering without a degree.
- Demonstrate proven experience as a Software Engineer, with a strong background in developing applications, preferably using .NET C#.
- Show familiarity with cloud computing platforms, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS), and an understanding of Docker as a desirable skill.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of software development methodologies, best practices, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Showcase excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, being able to dissect complex issues and devise effective solutions.
- Thrive in an agile development environment, effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain an impeccable attention to detail and have experience working within diverse and cross-functional teams.
- Stay updated with DevOps best practices, such as Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery for distributed services.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.