Root Cause Engineers
At Cox Automotive we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with EV Battery Solutions, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We are the leading provider of services for the life cycle management of batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment where these batteries are repaired, refurbished and repurposed.
The Root Cause Engineer designs, installs, configures, implements, assesses, and supports all aspects of infrastructure environments, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical support for servicing batteries.
Job and Responsibilities
- Perform root cause analysis on EV batteries and related components.
- Design and author engineering documents to describe root cause processes based on specific diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and other observable/measurable phenomena.
- Communicate assessments/findings in an organized and cohesive manner.
- Troubleshooting complex systems and equipment.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, meteorology, physics, math, or chemistry. Alternatively, we strongly consider candidates with appropriate combined education and professional experience.
- Proficient in Process Design/Validation, Process Documentation, Statistical Process Control, or EV battery systems.
- Proficient with MS Office, Visio, and Smartsheets.
- Must be self-motivated, with strong communication skills that can adapt to tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong competency and familiarity with basic electrical theory
- Preferred to have familiarity with circuit board components identification and understanding.
- Preferred to have some experience soldering with lead-free solder.
- Must have experience using a DMM and preferred to have experience using an oscilloscope.
Variable, consisting of the office environment, the manufacturing floor, and some situations that require travel. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, and exposure to High Voltage systems. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection, and appropriate footwear for the working environment. Other PPE considerations include wearing full arc flash gear for periods of time.
If you are a dedicated problem solver with a passion for identifying and addressing the root causes of complex issues, we invite you to apply and contribute to our commitment to continuous improvement and excellence.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.