Communication needs connection, and vice versa. At Cox Communications, we’re hiring a Residential Broadband Technician to focus on both. You’ll be more than just a technician – you’ll be a gateway to the world, connecting residential customers to services everywhere.
Want to provide a world-class customer experience, make valuable connections and grow your career? Read on!
What’s In It For You?
That’s a great question. We’re glad you asked because we love our answer and think you will too. Here’s a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
• We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an
exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
• Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
• We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
• You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
• Looking to grow your family? Rest assured you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
• Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
• Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
• Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
• We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
Our benefits packages are designed to support your unique needs for health and happiness. As an employee, you’ll be able to explore our myriad benefits and select the ones that best support you and your family.
What You’ll Do
You’ll turn frown into smiles as you show up to install or repair our residential products and services.
You’ll work fast and efficiently without sacrificing quality. This is what you love to do, and you do it very well! Here’s a peek at your responsibilities:
• Installing, disconnecting and troubleshooting video, high-speed internet, telephony and automation services.
• Driving a company vehicle between office or home, warehouse and work sites in a safe and courteous manner and in accordance with all laws and company policies.
• Monitoring Cox’s current work enablement system throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current work assignments.
• Communicating with the CommCenter for onsite support and/or routing assistance.
• Interacting with customers and educating them regarding services and products.
• Working under supervision and consulting with supervisors and other technicians for advice and assistance as needed.
• Ensuring that the quality of services meets or exceeds industry and
company performance standards.
• Participating in team meetings as scheduled and attending job-related training.
• Working with alarms, low voltage electricity and color-coded wires.
• Maintaining accurate and high-quality recordkeeping of transactions.
Who You Are
You are all about connecting our customers to a world of possibilities and wonders. You have a broad skillset and strive for excellence in everything you do. Here are some specific things we require you to have:
• A valid state driver’s license.
• Certifications and licenses as required by state and municipal laws.
• At least one year of experience in a comparable field.
• At least one year of direct customer service experience.
• PC and Windows software skills.
• Travel as business needs dictate.
• A high school degree or GED equivalent.
• Post-high school education.
• 5+ years of experience specifically in service installation and repair in multiple service provider and/or telecommunications environment.
• Spanish proficiency desirable in some locations.
Make a solid connection for your own future.
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
- Adequate ability to distinguish different colors of wire
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, and crawl
- The physical limitation of ladder and associated fall protection equipment provided is:
- 1AA ladder - 375 pounds (inclusive of body weight, tools, equipment, PPE etc.) Tools and equipment weigh approximately 50 pounds
- The physical limitations of applicable equipment (such as aerial lift/buck truck boom, ladder, fall protection harness) includes body weight capacities of approximately 325 pounds.
- Get in and out of a van to retrieve various items. Step heights are 19"
- Lift 500' rolls of RG 11 Messenger Cable weighing 40 lbs. These rolls are lifted from a height of 12" and placed up to a height of 36".
- Raise and lower a ladder roof rack requiring 40 pounds of force with hand heights at 55" - 60".
- Compress fittings onto coaxial cables with a crimping tool requiring 19 pounds of force with one hand.
- Ascend and descend a ladder while wearing a tool belt that weighs 10 lbs.
- Lift and carry a 63 lb., 28' extension ladder
- Lift 1000' rolls of Tri-Shield weighing 28 lbs. These rolls are lifted from a height of 12" and placed up to a height of 47".
- Lift miscellaneous tools and products within the warehouse and van racks.
- These items weigh up to 10 lbs. and are lifted from the floor and up to a height of 72".
- A physical exam to verify the physical requirements above as well others not listed may be required
- Ability to climb ladders and/or utility poles and work in in high places
- Ability to work in small places (such as crawl spaces and attics)
- Ability to work outdoors and in extreme weather conditions and varying topographic, wet and dry locations.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.