At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our employees are part of an energetic team that builds world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers, and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques.
The Sr Data Analyst is responsible for ingesting, mining, transforming, and reporting on data. The Data Analyst will work with stakeholders to provide insights into our data for new product offerings and trends in the automotive. The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Performs data analysis and validation.
- Translates data into meaningful insights.
- Mines and interprets data.
- Performs root causes analysis with an ability to learn industry data and understands how to conduct ab testing.
- Monitors and provides insight into key metrics, including metric performance.
- Handles data preparation and analysis for various projects.
- Writes, maintains, and updates SQL queries in response to questions from internal customers.
- Assists development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
- Creates customer facing reports through our analytics tools.
- Creates reports for internal customers using a separate set of tools.
- Develops reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way for decision making.
- Coordinates data feeds and sources additional data required for analysis.
- Determines the value of new internal and external data sources.
- Merges disparate data sets and transforms the data to derive metrics and usable information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
- Experience working with SQL on Relational Databases (i.e., Snowflake and Oracle) .
- Supports internal customers with one-off requests for insights.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience working with reporting tools (i.e., Tableau and Power Bi) .
- Experience with languages for data analysis (i.e., Python and R) .
- Experience working with large scale disparate datasets.
- Experience presenting data to leadership for decision making.
- Some knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or an equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 4+ years of working experience.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.