A successful Process Engineer will use process improvement experience to quantitatively assess current production/business system performance and execute changes to reduce cost and optimize capacity. This role demands excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a holistic understanding of manufacturing operations. This role will focus on creative problem-solving and working cross-functionally (production, design, quality, finance, supply chain, demand, and production planning) to improve capacity, workstation design, and reduce downtime. A successful team member will have excellent critical and creative problem-solving skills focusing on issue resolution and inter-department engagement.
- A process engineer will develop, implement, and optimize production methodologies in manufacturing operations.
- Create and maintain Manufacturing Instructions, routings, and associated processes.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans
- This engineer will be responsible for optimizing product flow through the factory through process optimization that may include line layouts, ergonomic study, material presentation, and other relevant factors.
- Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- He / She will interface with design, test, and quality engineering to solve problems, improve manufacturability, and continually improve.
- In addition, the process engineer will work with quality to compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
- Understand process capabilities through critical data analysis and in-depth understanding of the product.
- Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices.
- Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production and into mass manufacturing.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) cost-effectively while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
- Responsible for diagnosing issues during the part production process and driving corrective action back to the source, resulting in cause identification and elimination.
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques such as DMAIC, Ishikawa, Five Why (5W), and Eight Disciplines (8D)
- Enable data-driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Minitab,
- Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing, including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
- Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Develop and train sustaining technicians to assist in training operators as needed.
- BA/BS plus 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with computers and good knowledge of using Excel for data analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Just in Time (JIT) strategizing
- Familiarity with using Value stream mapping (VSM) and doing cycle time analysis
- Strong attention to detail, and it is preferred to have experience in Value stream mapping.
- Proven ability to identify gaps in the system and assess and solve problems.
- Knowledge of process engineering simulation software ( Eg: flexsim ), Visio, Lucid chart and
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations
- Experience in MySQL is an added advantage
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.