Cox Automotive is seeking a Financial Analyst Intern interested in working in a successful team environment supporting budget/forecasting activities and ad hoc financial analysis. A key responsibility of this Financial Analyst is supporting our Central Dispatch logistics business, which is experiencing growth through product enhancements and capital investments. Candidates must also have a solid understanding of financial management concepts and the ability to analyze large data sets.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Consolidation and interpretation of financial data, including assisting in variance analysis, and key business drivers to identify trends, and ensure financial and strategic alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Assist with the analysis of month end results, forecasts, and budgets, to better inform business decisions.
- Partner with other finance team member to assist in ad-hoc analysis
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Management/Economics
- Strong analytical ability with working understanding of excel
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and work under tight deadlines and experienced in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one’s own work
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures.
** Note: Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.