The Procurement Senior Analyst is responsible for the identification and implementation of best procurement practices across the enterprises. The position will require working with cross functional teams to improve processes and procedures, build alignment, define requirements, and perform user acceptance testing. This position will also support the purchase of goods and services to meet the needs of the Company nationwide. The Sourcing & Procurement Sr. Analyst must support all Company policies and procedures related to procurement. The position is responsible for executing purchase orders, identifying, and implementing strategies for tactical sourcing, providing Oracle iProcurement assistance, purchase order issue resolution, and leveraging data to make informed decisions. This role will oversee a team of resources responsible for spot buy, tactical sourcing and purchasing activity.
- Supports the development and execution of strategies related to tactical procurement, spot buy and purchasing activity.
- Soliciting formal and informal bids for requested goods and services, considering price, terms, delivery, compatibility, total cost of products and the supplier's ability to meet their responsibilities.
- Spot Buy, Tactical Sourcing and Purchasing
- Lead a team of professionals performing ongoing spot buy (3rd party), purchasing and tactical sourcing activity; promote savings through proactive negotiation related to new and / or changing scope.
- Facilitate benchmarking activity per the supplier agreement to perform market comparison of supplier rates, cost models and service levels.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand ongoing service requirements.
- Identify opportunities, address risks, and develop action plans to drive compliance and savings.
- Perform demand management and review incoming requests to determine appropriate execution path (e.g., spot buy vs. sourcing).
- Monitor individual and team performance and provide reporting to leadership.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (ex. Suppliers, Planning, Warehouses, Procurement, Finance, AP, IT, Legal, Audit, Business Owners) to continuously refine and simplify standard P2P processes and resolve purchase order related issues keeping in mind the user experience.
- Analyzes Supply Chain performance metrics, trends & standards and defines, develops, and delivers appropriate improvement and sustainability strategies and programs to improve performance.
- Setup & maintain items, blanket/ contract purchase agreements, and key terms in the Oracle eBS system.
- Partner with category managers and stakeholders to maintain and update do not touch lists, preferred supplier lists, and blanket purchase agreements.
- Processes orders from approved requisitions. Activities may include order placement, order confirmation, product substitutions, and monitoring past due shipments, returns, and change orders.
- Maintain effective communication with internal business partners and external constituents to ensure business needs are met appropriately for a wide range of audience members.
- Responsible for the prioritization and completion of procurement tasks and projects in accordance with SLAs and business needs.
- Create, edit, and provide input for new processes or standards for the department.
- Lead user acceptance testing for sourcing and procurement tools, ServiceNow and Oracle eBS.
- Support activities related to P2P system implementation and upgrades, including but not limited to, requirements definition, functional/technical design, configuration, testing, training, and change management.
- Support Buy catalogs & punchouts including new user account creation, approval hierarchy maintenance, new supplier onboarding, and working with suppliers to ensure all supplier punchouts are working properly and delivery of purchase orders to suppliers.
- Partner with other team members to share insights, expertise, and opportunities.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 4+ years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination such as MS degree and 2+ years of experience, Ph.D. and up to 1-year exp, or 8+ years of experience in lieu of a degree required.
- Ability to identify opportunities and take necessary actions to continuously business processes for the benefit of sourcing partners, stakeholders, and boundary partners.
- Ability to solve problems that are not clearly defined and that require prior research, investigation and engagement of function leaders and peers in other areas to define and solve.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with other functions, regions, and departments across Cox in alignment with Cox values and culture.
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess an internal client service orientation and work collaboratively.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle eBS ERP system.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Experience with ServiceNow desired.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management (ISM), CPM or related.
- Project Management certification (PMP), Lean or Six Sigma training.
Compensation includes a base salary of $77,800.00 - $116,800.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.