Video Producer, (Short Format)
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s mission is to be the most essential and engaging source of news and information for the people of Atlanta, of Georgia and the South. To achieve that mission, we will transform ourselves from a storied daily newspaper into a modern media company.
The AJC seeks a video producer to join our team of journalists to deliver work across diverse creative platforms. This producer will be responsible for executing stories from conception through completion and will demonstrate a strong background in pitching, reporting, writing, shooting, and editing.
The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of news and feature content in its many forms. A successful candidate displays strong editorial judgment and can deliver well-written digital scripts that represent the AJC’s evolving voice and brand.
This candidate must have an obsession with quality, possess a strong aesthetic eye with cinematic tendencies, and be able to experiment with a variety of creative storytelling executions. Expert technical skills in shooting with digital cine cameras and editing software is required.
The applicant must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position is based in Atlanta, GA and may require some travel.
- Research pitch and produce short form videos, series, franchises, and documentaries that fit the AJC brand and voice.
- Develop and produce evergreen content that ladders up into overall video strategy.
- Write creative and accurate digital video scripts.
- Manage shoot logistics and production workflows.
- Be empowered to evolve, elevate, and try new video formats.
- Assist in the booking of on-camera characters and show guests.
- Shoot in the field with digital cine cameras; maintain AJC visual identity.
- Edit radio cuts and/or final videos.
- Collaborate in the post-production process with editors, graphic designers, senior producers, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain internal databases and follow workflow systems so all assets are delivered consistently and within deadline constraints.
- Produce stories for sponsored partnerships and revenue-driving initiatives, as directed.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced news environment while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Remain organized, communicative, and amenable to change.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- With a BA/BS, must have 4+ years of production, field production, and shooting experience; with a master’s degree have at least 2 years of experience; with Ph.D. must have at least 1 year of experience; with no degree, must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in digital video production.
- Expertise in post-production software such as Adobe Premiere or similar technology
- A portfolio of work showing editorial judgment, technical skills and creativity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of collaboration with team members and talent
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage large projects and work collaboratively to tell a story.
- Experience creating video for digital platforms.
- A passion and excitement for premium content creation and storytelling
- An ability to remain flexible in changing environments.
- Proven ability to work closely with standards and legal groups to ensure all projects meet AJC editorial guidelines and practices.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as deadlines require.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.