This position supervises and coordinates the maintenance and custodial activities of the Auction by supervising, directing, and monitoring the work of a team consisting of at least two building maintenance and custodial employees.
- Supervise and direct the work of maintenance employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and examining work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Supervise custodial staff employees in performance of custodial duties, such as sweeping, and polishing floors, dusting equipment, furniture and fixtures, and removing trash and debris from auction grounds, etc. Assist as necessary.
- Supervise, coordinate and, when necessary, assist personnel engaged in performing structural repairs to building and ground maintenance activities, such as mowing, raking, removing weeds, etc.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Counsel and discipline employees as necessary, plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and required standards.
- Inspect, test, and repair equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, etc. to ensure proper working condition.
- Maintain accurate records and reports regarding the maintenance activity of the Auction, including water testing reports, etc.
- Monitor inventory and initiate purchase of needed maintenance equipment and janitorial supplies. • Assist with and supervise pre-sale and pre-event set up activities.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Effectively lead the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be required to work more than 40 hours per week as business needs dictate
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience in a related field; a master's degree and 1 year of experience; or a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience
- Excellent skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Valid drivers license
- OSHA experience
- Degree in related discipline strongly desired
- Experience in industry desired
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.