The AJC’s mission is to be the most essential and engaging source of news and information for the people of Atlanta, of Georgia and the South. To achieve that mission, we will transform ourselves from a storied daily newspaper into a modern media company. A place where reporters, videographers, and digital gurus are delivering work across diverse creative platforms, industries, and borders.
The Supervising Producer of Feature content will manage a team of producers and editors dedicated to producing short and long-form digital videos. The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of video content in its many forms. Strong editorial judgment and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. Superior writing, editing, and pre- and post- production skills are essential.
This candidate is responsible for owning the creative direction and output of the video team, upholding the tone and voice of the AJC, and meeting editorial standards. An understanding of audience behavior across digital platforms, and an ability to create engaging, innovative, and relevant content is a must.
The Supervising Producer will report to the Executive Producer, and must be self-motivated, well-organized, and eager to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Oversee the development and production of short and long-form videos, series, franchises, and documentaries.
- Build and oversee workflows and production schedules for team of producers, editors, and graphic designers.
- Work with the Executive Producer of Video to approve pitches for short and long form storytelling and evaluate video success.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced news environment while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Offer hands-on editorial and production guidance.
- Empower a team to constantly evolve, elevate and produce premium content.
- Write scripts; Approve producers’ scripts, pitches, and on-camera bookings.
- Edit video; Review video edits, provide notes, and work to elevate AJC’s storytelling.
- Pitch ideas that are in lockstep with AJCs larger engagement and subscriber goals and contribute to the evolving video strategy.
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Pitch and execute ideas for sponsored series and revenue-driving initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret audience behavior and video metrics to help make decisions and recommendations, evolve content, and improve user engagement.
- College degree or equivalent
- With a BA/BS, must have 8+ years of news and/or documentary production experience; with a master’s degree have at least 6 years of experience; with Ph.D. must have at least 3 years of experience; with no degree, must have a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- Proven experience leading an editorial team; works well under pressure.
- Extensive experience working in a fast-paced, news environment.
- Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
- Superior writing, editing, and post-production skills.
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills
- Adobe suite and cine camera skills, a must
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and/or holidays and weekends as dictated by the business.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.