The Cox Automotive Data Marketplace team is hiring a Lead Product Owner to join our team. This role is responsible for leading, building, and maintaining the growth of multiple data marketplace products and capabilities and will work with multiple teams to help realize our vision. The Data Marketplace Release Train builds valuable services and governance processes that allow users to discover data across the enterprise, share data in a centralized data warehouse, and retrieve the data required to meet business goals and build exciting new products. The Lead Product Owner will define user stories, prioritize the team backlog, contribute a solid understanding of end users and their needs, and identify future capabilities for the product. The position demands frequent interactions with end users at all levels of the organization, including business, analyst, data science, and technology teams. This role requires a solid understanding of technical capabilities in the data space, which means we are looking for candidates with a blend of technical experience and a customer-focused, product mindset. This role will be focused on products related to data acquisition, data processing, data services, and entitlements. Previous experience defining data acquisition patterns and working with teams managing data pipelines is required, as this role will be heavily focused on building new acquisition patterns.
- Lead multiple engineering delivery teams to build, enhance, and manage the Data Marketplace.
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the product backlog for multiple delivery teams.
- Break down features into detailed consumable and testable stories.
- Accept and review completed stories with a focus on product quality.
- Partner with the Release Train Product Lead to scope and write features for the delivery teams.
- Collaborate with other product owners, product managers, and stakeholders to define, prioritize, and drive the realization of the product vision to meet quarterly goals.
- Partner with customers to understand needs and execute value-added work for the Data Marketplace.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the delivery team by representing and reinforcing the customer’s perspective throughout product realization cycles.
- Act as the subject-matter expert for the products owned by the teams.
- Communicate release notes and product news and demo product capabilities to stakeholders.
- Communicate status, risks, and requirements to leadership and partner groups.
- Provide input and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and shaping product roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with consumers and suppliers of data for the Data Marketplace across Cox Automotive.
- Settle disputes between parties effectively and for the best of Cox Automotive; be autonomous and make decisions without oversight when appropriate.
- BA or BS degree required; 7+ years of experience in a related field (i.e., data and analytics, product management, IT).
- 4+ years of experience in product management for an engineering team building and launching highly technical solutions.
- Prior experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or database administrator is a plus.
- Experience defining data acquisition patterns and managing data pipeline
- Demonstrated experience working with highly technical teams working on cloud data engineering or within the domain of data or analytics platforms to create, build, and launch successful data products.
- Experience working on cross-functional, high-performing teams.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Proven record of creating business value and improving the user experience through product delivery.
- Creative thinker with an open mind to learn and explore new areas and to develop and recommend opportunities and solutions.
- Demonstrated effective leadership by earning trust, respect, and fostering the development of self-organizing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members required.
- Ability to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions with distributed teams.
- Passionate about solving data management problems.
- Enthusiastic about what you do and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- Proven execution and product management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple issues concurrently and effectively navigate high-pressure situations.
- The role will be working on technical products; therefore, a solid understanding and/or work experience as an engineer/technical architect in the skills below:
- Required experience/skills: Snowflake, Kafka, Rest Services, Spark, Basic Networking Concepts (Routing, TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls and Security), AWS Technologies (S3, SNS, SQS, IAM), GCP (BigQuery)
Beneficial experience/skills: Airflow, AWS Technologies (RDS, DynamoDB, EMR, Glue, Lambda, DMS), SQL
- Automotive experience is a plus.
- Preferred experience working in an agile environment.
- 10%+ time travel requirement.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.