This person can sit in any approved RapidScale state.
The Sr. Cloud Engineer will work as part of a team that provides base implementations for new customer projects. The Cloud Engineer will participate in all the technical efforts to successfully migrate a new customer onto the RapidScale platform. They will work very closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) for all new customer implementations.
The Sr. Cloud VDI Engineer will be responsible support the design, configuration and maintenance of customer hosted virtual desktop environments, while providing architectural recommendations and management of overall health of services migrating into the RapidScale managed cloud. The position will be a key factor in providing a great customer experience pre and post implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
· Responsible for the delivery of Desktop as a Service including planning, design, implementation & optimization as a post sales consultant to clients.
· Develop, define, and maintain architectural standards and supporting documentation while adhering to best practices.
· Maintains an Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, and implementation of virtual desktop infrastructure-related technologies.
· Deliver innovative solutions in diverse environment with shifting priorities, wearing many hats all while driving projects and tasks to completion.
· Operate across multiple and complex production environments with multiple stakeholders.
· Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed Virtual Desktop infrastructure and more.
· Monitor customer service performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
· Provision new customers and provide onboarding assistance and training.
· Provide support on escalated trouble tickets when necessary.
· Create documentation for support and service delivery to use and remediate issues.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Citrix Product Sets
o DaaS / Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 1912 LTSR and 2203 LTSR
o Provisioning Services
o Application Delivery Management (ADM)
o Citrix Cloud
- Server Management - Windows Server 2003 – 2022
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management
- Virtualization Experience (VMware, Azure, Hyper-V)
- Additional VDI Experience (Horizon or Azure Virtual Desktop)
- N-Able MSP
- Knowledge of managing SSL Certificates.
- SQL Server Basic understandings.
- MFA Knowledge and Understanding
- Duo, Azure, Okta, etc.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Citrix certifications
- At least 8 years of experience in virtual desktop infrastructure design, support, and administration.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Work well with clients at all levels, from executive to IT personnel to end user.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance, and propose solutions.
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
- A proven level of competence with virtual desktop infrastructures like Citrix and Horizon.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in managing technical projects.
- Passionate, collaborative, results oriented capable of inspiring and building cross functional high performing relationships to effectively drive change while achieving established goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who is willing to learn and adjust to customer needs.
- Experience with project management.
- Able to multi-task across different customers environments and communicate on customers’ best standard practice.
- Proficient with VMware vCloud multi-tenant environment
- Implement private cloud and hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and security practices.
- Ability to train customers and make them familiar with the cloud environment.
- Identify opportunities and develop scripts to automate the engineering tasks to minimize the manual work.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments with the ability to use practical experience and training to determine how to accomplish tasks.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.