Cox Automotive is hiring a Financial Senior Analyst . The Financial Senior Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Finance and be responsible for supporting the leadership and direction of the financial activities of the assigned Manheim Auctions. The Financial Senior Analyst is a key business partner for the Senior Manager, Finance as well as the Auction Leadership. The Financial Senior Analyst will be a key liaison with the COE as well as other functional business areas. The Financial Senior Analyst will support the Senior Manager in overall financial management of the assigned locations to include financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, as well as strategic initiatives and business case development. The role will engage proactively with the business leaders to anticipate business issues and provide all financial support for business decisions. A focus on continuous improvement including the enhancement of Finance processes and procedures is essential to success in this position. This includes partnering across the broader finance organization and with key business stakeholders to optimize upstream and downstream processes and integrate improvements into operating plans and goals. Ongoing individual development within the finance organization is another critical success factor including the ability to transform and adapt the organization to the Company’s shifting business model and strategies.
**This role has the potential for 25%+ travel in the Southeast Market, as the business requires**
• Support preparation and review of consolidated monthly and annual financial results. Assist with development and delivery of management presentations for Auction and Regional leadership.
• Build and maintain relationships with functional business areas including Marketing, Credit & Collections, Operations, and other Auction Administrative functions to promote collaboration.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop financial models and business cases to identify operational efficiencies and support new investment ideas.
• Analyze trends and key variances to plans and partner with Senior Manager and Auction leadership to develop and support improvement plans.
• Assist in the preparation, review, and presentation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Assist in development of driver-based models to support Auctions. Collaborate with internal customers and peers in developing reporting tools which appropriately solve the needs of the business and provide strategic support.
Leadership & Development
• Remain current on best practices and trends relevant to finance and related technologies. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at operating locations, and key corporate stakeholders, ensuring that they understand and value the services provided by the Finance team and respond to feedback regarding opportunities for improvement.
• Partner with key stakeholders across Cox Automotive to ensure appropriate service levels are being provided.
• Complete special projects and prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
• Perform related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with 4+ years of financial planning, analysis, and business case modeling. A candidate may also have a Master's Degree with 2+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 1+ year of experience.
• Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures (e.g. IRR, NPV, DCF, payback, etc.).
• Demonstrated analytical ability and high degree of intellectual curiosity with track record of delivered results.
• Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, use of pivot tables, best practice in financial model structure/design, assumption toggling, charting/graphing and formatting for executive presentations.
• Experience with OneStream, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Reporting/Essbase is a strong plus.
• Ability to prepare executive level presentations and insights. Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills. • Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Advanced MS PowerPoint skills preferred
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.