Introduction to Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services, you will become part of an innovative and forward-thinking team, instrumental in shaping the future of fleet management solutions. Fleet Services, a key group within Cox Automotive Mobility, stands as a national leader in providing comprehensive fleet services. We specialize in both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, supported by over 750 mobile-service units and a team of more than 1,000 world-class technicians, ensuring top-tier service delivery.
Our mission at Fleet Services is to keep fleets and people moving safely and sustainably for the next generation. Leveraging our rich automotive heritage, we are vital contributors to the evolving global transportation ecosystem. Our strategy includes the integration of digital-first solutions to enhance the flow, health, and lifecycle of various fleets, thereby improving operations for owners, operators, and fleets across the country.
In your role, you will be instrumental in developing and refining these digital solutions, creating software which plays a pivotal role in advancing fleet performance and management. Your efforts will significantly influence the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of fleets across the nation.
Our work environment is fast-paced and ambitious. We take on significant challenges and celebrate our wins.
- Collaborate with Product Management and business stakeholders and work with other engineers to interprete business needs into technical requirements.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, manage, and configure applications and environments.
- Develop and maintain Java applications in the development, test and production environments.
- Create unit tests for developed code.
- Use Terraform to manage infrastructure as code.
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and overall direction for application development.
- Perform monitoring, trouble-shooting and root cause investigations for production systems.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other physical science field of study
- 4+ years experience developing and maintaining software which runs in production on the JVM
- 4+ years experience in developing software using AWS technologies such as SQS, ECS, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, etc
- 4+ years experience using and developing applications on relational databases
- Experience building and maintaining software running in a CI/CD pipeline using tools such as GitHub Actions
- Experience using Terraform to create and maintain cloud infrastructures
- Experience instrumenting systems with observability via tools like NewRelic, Splunk, Firebase, and PagerDuty
- Experience developing applications with Salesforce
- Experience developing Mobile applications in Flutter/Dart
- Experience developing applications automated with SauceLabs or LambdaTest
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.