The Cox Enterprises Intelligent Automation (IA) Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking an accomplished and strategic-minded Senior Manager, Intelligent Automation Engineering to optimize and advance our IA program. In this role, you will manage a team of skilled IA engineers and oversee the development and execution of IA solutions in collaboration with IA product team members and business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have proven expertise in IA technologies and concepts (RPA/RDA, OCR/IDP, NLP, AI/ML, Process Mining) and be able to successfully participate in value qualification, roadmap refinement and lead initiative design & development to achieve desired business outcomes leveraging automation technology. This is a senior leadership role that requires a deep understanding of IA technologies and a proven track record of successful implementation.
Leadership & Organizational Development:
- Implement goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to all aspects of Intelligent Automation (IA). Responsible for tracking and meeting those goals and ensuring adherence to those policies and procedures.
- Drive innovation and stay abreast of emerging technologies in IA to maintain a competitive edge.
- Partner with IBT team members and business stakeholders to drive objectives, governance, and relationships.
- Enable proactive support and results-driven execution of responsibilities to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Manage and coach employees to increase engagement and performance levels.
- Build and enhance a strong team that provides proactive support and results-driven execution of responsibilities to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Support and sustain a culture of continuous improvement to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the IA CoE.
- Perform related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key corporate customers, ensuring they understand and value the services provided by the IA team and respond to feedback regarding opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with key stakeholders across Cox divisions to ensure appropriate service levels are being provided.
- Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service to Cox business operations.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders, translating technical concepts into business value.
- Provide technical leadership in designing scalable and efficient IA solutions, leveraging RPA, machine learning, and artificial intelligence technologies in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture.
- Collaborate with solution architects to integrate IA solutions into the broader technology landscape.
- Establish and enforce comprehensive coding standards and best practices, ensuring consistency and high-quality code within the automation engineering team.
- Lead the implementation of automated testing strategies, incorporating industry best practices and tools, such as UiPath Test Suite, to streamline testing processes.
- Collaborate with automation engineers to design, develop, and maintain automated test suites, enhancing the overall quality and speed of software delivery.
Agile Leadership :
- Implement and champion Agile SAFe principles and practices within the IA engineering team.
- Facilitate and participate in Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Participate in the IA Release Train Team as the Technology Lead and collaborate with other teams within the organization to ensure alignment and coordination of agile practices.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging team members to contribute to retrospectives and implement iterative enhancements.
- Work closely with IA Product Management, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to prioritize features, refine backlogs, and ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies & skills:
- Strong leadership and people management skills including demonstrated ability to coach and mentor employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking required; ability to link Intelligent Automation solutions with business outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and shift priorities quickly as required and rapidly adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate into effective tactical plans.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Proven ability to influence and to collaborate at the highest levels of corporate management.
- Experience driving organizational change – including large scale transformation initiatives.
- Proven track record in successfully leading high performing teams with tight deadlines and improving efficiencies.
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Qualifications –
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8+ years’ experience in a related field with at least 3 years' experience in a management/leadership role; or a Master’s degree and 6+ years’ experience; or a Ph.D. and 3+ years’ experience; or 12 years’ experience in lieu of a degree in a related field.
- Expertise in UiPath ecosystem of tools, such as Orchestrator, Studio, Document Understanding, AI Center, Connectors, RE Framework, Integration Services, Data Service, Insights, Process Mining, Task Mining, Test Automation, etc.
- Prior experience leveraging agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe).
- Experience with the Microsoft Power platform including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agent, and integrating these tools with non-Microsoft products.
- Familiarity with cognitive automation and natural language processing.
- Knowledge of data integration and workflow orchestration.
- Exposure to cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Experience within a center of excellence/shared services organization environment.
Other Essential Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
Travel: Some travel for conferences or off-site training may be required.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.