Department : Data, Analytics, Platform Services and Intelligent Automation, within Integrated Business Technologies Team (IBT)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Data, Analytics, Platform Services and Intelligent Automation Team in work ranging from participation in data management projects which may include: metadata management, access management, data quality, and governance to project management functions that may be necessary as part of a fast-paced data and analytics team.
The Intern will work closely with Analysts, Managers and Leaders within the business to successfully complete various initiatives as assigned and to deliver them back to the department and business.
- Work with stakeholders and department analysts to understand and articulate data needs and requirements as part of larger IT initiatives.
- Documenting governance policies and management exceptions
- Providing data management deliverables with the oversight from the Data Governance Office
- Providing data management project support to analytics team and management as needed.
- Participate in or facilitate effective and efficient meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Work successfully in dynamic environment in which meticulous attention to detail is expected.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing an advanced degree in MIS, Engineering, or Business or related discipline.
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without current or future sponsorship.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 weeks (full-time) during the summer internship timeframe in a hybrid work setting
- Knowledge of business support applications such as MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Project)
- Knowledge of or desire to learn how to write code (SQL, R, Python) to develop analyses in response to questions from internal customers
- Knowledge of or desire to learn ways to manage data in big data environments, implement new policies and procedures
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to deliver business documents of varying lengths and types. Written deliverables may range from memos and email communiques to reports or presentations to leaders of all levels
- Exhibits exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Takes initiative to accomplish business objectives, seek new assignments, and requests to learn more about the business.
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.