CAMFS is currently hiring a Shop Service Writer and Estimator to join our team to support future growth of the Company. This role is paramount in the success of the maintenance shop operation and has a heavy focus on revenue generation through cultivation of growth with existing and new customers.
- Assist walk in and call-in customers with vehicle repairs and maintenance services, by providing consultation on repairs/services needed, creation of cost estimates and discussing associated timelines.
- Foster good working relationships with customers, vendors, and company partners, to capture greater wallet share of customers’ maintenance spend, drive customer retention and repeat business.
- Periodically travel to customer locations to generate repair estimates on-site, obtain work approvals and establish/maintain positive rapport with customer and their teams.
- Proactively engage with customers to understand their maintenance needs and uncover additional service requests to be sent to the shop.
- Serve as a trustworthy advocate for the customer by providing sound guidance and advice regarding any customer technical inquiries, warranty repairs or general questions related to products and services provided by the company.
- Create and deliver high quality estimates based on compiled information from Technicians, Customers and visual inspection of vehicles and equipment, in line with varying customer needs and expectations of cost, quality, and lead time.
- Collect miscellaneous information and parts pricing from various manufacturers and vendors.
- Professionally communicate with customers via email, phone, or in person to deliver quotes, information, and updates on vehicle repair status, obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss billing items.
- Dispatch and assign shop work to technicians
- Review repair orders (RO) for accuracy and ensuring proper description of symptoms, problems, and causes are listed, as well as all repairs and services performed are captured.
- Manage the transactions lifecycle from Estimate origination until the customer unit is in control/custody of the repair technician.
- Follow up on outstanding quotes and prioritize workflow to ensure effectiveness and shop efficiency.
- Review, revise existing and generate additional repair estimates at customers request and specifications.
- Working closely with technicians, sales staff and customers ensuring company is providing excellent customer service, minimizing costs, and identifying the best solutions for repairing and maintaining customer’s vehicles.
- Review PM Sheets submitted by technicians and formulate estimates to send to customers on any follow-up work required.
- Timely and accurately document and notate in all internal and external systems regarding each customer vehicle repairs.
- Actively manage WIP to reduce cycle time, accelerate RO-to-cash cycle, and resolve customer disputes
- Drive quality of service by ensuring work is performed in alignment with our company’s values; integrity and safety being at the forefront.
- Move and park units in shop parking lot as part of intake process.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience; or 7 years’ experience in a related field
- Proficiency with Mitchell One, Karmak, ADP, Reynold or similar systems
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and phone) and customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.) / software navigation capabilities to generate repair estimates and the ability to learn new platforms.
- General understanding of the Department of Transportation (DOT), federal, state, and local regulations affecting vehicle maintenance operations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Familiarity with Warranty Repairs and process highly preferred.
- Previous experience working as a Diesel Mechanic is preferred but not required.
- The Ability to diagnose vehicle problems is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create estimates in line with varying customer needs and expectations of cost, quality, and lead time.
- Ability to solve problems related directly to Estimates/ROs and invoice processing as well as general problems related to processes and maintenance practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the shop to achieve objectives.
- Ability to act with a high sense of urgency and employ excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Understanding of the Estimating/RO process, the IT systems used, and the language of maintenance as it pertains to the customer base.
Why Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services?
$23-$34 hourly depending on experience and location
Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
Laptop & company cellphone provided
Technical training provided to advance your career
Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.