Responsibilities of this position:
• Apply advanced knowledge of Data Engineering principles, methodologies and techniques to design and implement data loading and aggregation frameworks across broad areas of the corporation.
• Gather and process raw, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
• Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
• Understand and enforce appropriate data master management techniques.
• Play a lead role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, mentoring less experienced engineers, and monitoring emerging technologies.
• Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
• Lead the implementation of tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
• Understand the challenges that the analytics organization faces in their day-to-day work, and partner with them to design viable data solutions.
• Drive new and enhanced capabilities to Enterprise Data Platform partners to meet the needs of product / engineering / business.
• Work with stakeholders to understand and solve real world problems.
• Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to internal and external customers.
• Estimate data engineering tasks to within predictable variances, given specified functional and business requirements.
• Experience building streaming systems especially using Kafka & Snowflake
• Strong hands-on working experience with both relational and NoSQL databases. E.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, RedShift and OpenSearch.
• Foundational knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably AWS
• Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
• Actively work with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
• Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Technologies we use:
• ETL (Extract Transform Load)
• ELT (Extract Load Transform)
• Database Design and Development
• Data Integration
• Data Analytics - BI Report generations, Data Mining, Statistical reporting
• Data Governance
• Data Architecture
• Data Modeling for Data Warehouse and DBMS systems
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.