The Senior Team Lead Product will be responsible for the development and management of our cybersecurity product offerings. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cybersecurity technologies, a proven track record in bringing security products to market, and a passion for providing the best protection and services to our clients. This role engages and communicates with stakeholders all multiple levels throughout the business, including other Product Management teams, Product Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Legal and successfully executes a defined product security strategy across the business. The successful candidate will own the success of the products and associated P&L.
Product Strategy and Vision:
- Develop and communicate a clear product strategy that aligns with the organization's security goals and overall business objectives.
- Define the product's vision, long-term goals, and key success metrics.
Market Research and Analysis:
- Conduct ongoing market research to understand security threats, industry trends, and customer needs. Analyze competitive products and the security landscape to identify opportunities and potential risks.
Product Roadmap Development:
- Create and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, outlining feature priorities and release timelines.
- Balance short-term security needs with long-term product goals.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, marketing, and security experts, to ensure successful product development and delivery.
- Foster a collaborative environment to drive innovation and security enhancements.
Security Compliance and Standards:
- Stay current with industry standards, regulations, and compliance requirements relevant to the product's security features.
- Ensure that the product adheres to necessary security protocols and certifications.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities in the product and work with the security team to address and mitigate them.
- Implement security best practices and measures to protect against threats.
Product Development and Launch:
- Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and launch.
- Ensure that the product meets security requirements and is thoroughly tested for vulnerabilities.
Customer Engagement and Feedback:
- Engage with customers and gather feedback to understand their security concerns and needs.
- Use customer insights to drive product enhancements and improvements, prioritizing security features.
- Manage product budgets effectively, allocating resources efficiently, and controlling costs.
- Make informed decisions about resource allocation to support security initiatives.
- Understanding of Network Segmentation
Performance Metrics and KPIs:
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to product security and functionality.
- Regularly assess the product's performance against these metrics and make data-driven decisions.
Documentation and Training:
- Create product documentation and training materials for internal teams and customers, highlighting security features and best practices.
- Ensure that internal teams are well-informed about the product's security capabilities.
Product Evangelism and Sales Support:
- Support the sales and marketing teams in promoting the product's security features to potential customers.
- Collaborate on marketing collateral, webinars, and demonstrations focused on security.
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Monitor the product's performance and customer feedback after launch.
- Make data-driven decisions about updates, enhancements, or discontinuation based on the product's life cycle.
Regulatory and Industry Compliance:
- Stay informed about evolving security regulations and industry best practices.
- Ensure the product remains compliant with changing requirements.
Innovation and Emerging Technologies:
- Stay updated on emerging security technologies and trends.
- Assess how these innovations can be incorporated into the product to improve security.
Team Leadership and Mentorship:
- If in a senior role, provide leadership and mentorship to other product managers or team members involved in security-focused initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 6years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 12 years’ experience in a related field
- Vendor or industry accreditations desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A high-level customer facing role, the person needs to encompass the disposition of a customer facing staff member to handle internal customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Ability to perform within a closely-knit team and improve the execution of your teammates.
- A self-motivated & quick learner ready to dig in.
- Data literate and comfortable with data analysis.
- Flexibility. Job holder must be capable of being flexible in his/her approach and be able to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in what is a dynamic environment.
- Willing to travel up to (25%).
IT Qualifications and Certifications
- Strong understanding of data center market dynamics with focus on Cloud Solutions and Managed Service Providers.
- Working knowledge of technology components including (SD-WAN, SASE, Managed Firewall, LTE/5G, Networking, VPN, Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Hyperscale Network Access, Cloud Network Security.
- Familiarity with VMware NSX networking and security, compute virtualization.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in Agile product development methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-delivered applications and platforms –Private/AWS/Azure/Google.
- Track record in leading end-to-end deliveries of high-quality products and experiences.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.