Fleet Services – A Cox Automotive Company keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Fleet Services by Cox Automotive has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
Fleet Services is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Fleet Services also services customers utilizing its 50+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
Flee Services is looking for a Senior Technical Instructor to join us! If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Facilitate the mechanical portion of the Mobile Technician and EMS (Emergency Maintenance) Technician onboarding programs at Cox Automotive Mobility, Fleet Services
- Demonstrate how to perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM), DOT inspections, and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment
- Instruct mobile technicians on how to document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (RO) using company issued Apple iPhone device and our proprietary Technician Reporting and Information Tool (TRAIT) application
- Show technicians how to diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment; including, but not limited to, electrical/brake/cooling systems, starters/alternators, air conditioning systems, fan clutches, engine electronics, power steering systems, engines (gas and diesel), transmissions (manual and automatic), clutches, differentials, etc.
- Communicate the best way to inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments; such as handheld computers and pressure gauges
- Explain the use of basic hand tools, precision instruments as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks
- Collaborate with Learning and Development Solutions team members, Company stakeholders, and external vendors via email or phone to understand learner needs and expectations, and to build continuous quality improvements into all learning solutions
- Perform all instruction in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT
- Maintain educational records in accordance with all federal and organizational requirements
- Participate and complete all in-company required training
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Learning and Development Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 4 years’ experience in a related field. The right
candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 2 years’
experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years’ experience in a related field.
- Formal education of a high school diploma or GED
- ASE Master Certified in T and A Series preferred.
- Applicable manufacturer’s factory training, technical training, knowledge of NGEA (Next Generation Electrical Architecture), Tier 4 emissions, or air conditioning certification, MACS
- Able to comprehend written material and communicate orally and in writing with team members and customers easily and effectively
- Proven communication and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively engage adult learners
- Proficient in the use within Microsoft Office; specifically PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Teams
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills to partner with Learning and Development Solutions team members and other stakeholders
- Position requires complex problem-solving ability with little guidance, so independent research and analysis are sometimes required to develop solutions and share participant results
- Use of discretion in how the work is done, setting priorities, and decision making is encouraged with emphasis placed on achieving the desired outcome; not on controlling the process
- Positive attitude and self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possession of a servant leadership mentality
Why Fleet Services By Cox Automotive?
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.