This position works with customers and location operational groups to ensure that the sale runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. Works closely with the Field Sales team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Enter vehicles into system via handheld TC75
- Photo Vehicles via Samsung Digital phone
- Utilize Jump boxes, air compressors, mobile internet boxes for in inops. Etc.
- Utilize laptop computer for AS 400 needs and signing in and out of work.
- Work as a liaison between local car dealers and Harrisonburg office, especially Berglund contact
- Work with various transporters for picking up vehicles,
- Trash and trying to keep the building clean. Trash must be hauled off, no site pick up.
- Set up and takedown of the Auction Truck’s Mobile site equipment
- Set up and take down of Auction mobile sale trailer with Satellite Connection etc…
- Take care of small equipment associated with the auction, to include generator.
- Auction Day set up of chairs and various other items as may be necessary.
- May deal with vendors that may be doing work on the lot, like doors and lights, etc.
- 4 years of experience in a related field (e.g. Auction Experience, Working with Car Dealerships, Sales); or a High school diploma/GED with 3 years of experience in a related field; or an AS/AA degree, BS/BA degree or certification in a related discipline Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Customer Service Skills
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.