Lead CNC Machinist / Programmer
At Cox Automotive, we are forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with EV Battery Solutions, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We are the leading provider of services for the life cycle management of batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment where these batteries are repaired, refurbished, and repurposed.
Job Summary: The Lead CNC Machinist will work in the fabrication shop and will possess advanced skills in order to provide specified products for internal customers.
- Adherence to all company policies such as attendance.
- Follow all safety protocol such as wearing proper PPE (Reflective Vest, Steel Toe Shoes or Boots, Approved Respirators, Protective Gloves and Safety Glasses).
- Manage and perform programming of Haas CNC vertical mills and lathes.
- Follow and execute recurring preventative maintenance, coolant levels using refractometer, and inspection duties on equipment. Create accurate and compliant records of inspections.
- Lead and provide manufacturing support and mentorship of other machine shop technicians.
- Collaborate and assist with technology research in support of department.
- High-level of communication, and organization.
- Evaluate data such as tool wear, cutting forces, and inspect parts. Suggest improvements and support engineers and other technical staff.
- Setup and operate all machines including manual mill, CNC Plasma and any other machines in the department.
- Close adherence with project plans and requirements.
- General upkeep and cleaning of work area
- Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Independent and self-motivated. Ability to take initiative.
- Clear background and drug test
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma /GED, required.
- Certification or Associate’s degree in related field, preferred.
- 5 years of experience in programing, setting up, operating CNC equipment, required.
- Experience workings with different materials such as Aluminum, Stainless, Mild, Copper, required.
- Knowledge of cutting tools, feed and speed rates, tool holders, and work holding devices.
- Understanding blueprints, job sheets, and technical drawings and creating products utilizing those materials.
- Proficiency in programing G-code and CAD/CAM software. (Solidworks and HSMworks)
- Expertise in using measuring tools such as calipers, gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
This is a physical position and requires the following:
- Team lifting up to 137 pounds
- Constant sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping and lifting as well as constantly working with different types of tools
- Good hand and finger dexterity
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.