The Human-Centered Design (HCD) team at Cox acts as a leader and resource for innovation across Cox Enterprises and is looking for a UX Design intern for Summer 2024.
HCD@Cox provides various human-centered design and user experience related support cross divisionally, including HCD training, workshop facilitation, and UX project support. The User Experience (UX) Intern will receive experience in all aspects of the HCD@Cox program.
Key Focus Areas & Responsibilities :
- Assist with planning and execution of HCD workshops to help various internal teams reach their goals. Workshops will be based on HCD methods and may include problem definition, idea generation, prioritization, and more.
- Support UX projects including conducting user interviews to obtain needs and requirements, designing detailed prototypes in tools such as Figma, performing user testing, and other UX related duties. Other common tools used include Mural and Adobe XD.
- Aid in community, university, and early career initiatives. For example, support growing university relationships with local universities by helping plan university workshops and assist in early career recruitment strategies.
- May receive the opportunity to rotate in other departments of interest within Team Member Experience, including IT Service Management/Processes, Client Services, and Service Delivery.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor's degree or master's degree in Computer-Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without current or future sponsorship.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 weeks (full-time) during the summer internship timeframe in a hybrid work setting
- Knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Mural and/or Adobe XD.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to Multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office
- Critical thinking
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.