The IT Process Excellence team’s mission is to enable Cox Enterprises Technology to operate efficiently and effectively while focusing on continuous process improvement and always providing a world-class Team Member Experience. We do this by partnering across the technology organization and Cox divisions to build best practices, governance, and world-class processes.
The IT Process Excellence Intern will support this mission by working closely with the team on project-based work related to process improvement, data analysis, building reporting and dashboards, and supporting day-to-day process work.
Key Focus Areas & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the team on project-based process improvement efforts across a variety of teams and disciplines
- Using data to analyze areas where processes or governance are not effective; and building and executing plans to solve identified problem areas
- Developing dashboards or custom reports to track key metrics and monitor data
- Assisting in creating and maintaining operational workflows and best practice documents
- Providing day-to-day support for incident management, change management, configuration management, and other ITIL areas
- Being a change champion that clearly communicates and explains the need for changes that benefit the organization
- May receive the opportunity to rotate in other departments of interest within Team Member Experience, including IT Service Management/Processes, Client Services, and Service Delivery.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor's degree or master's degree in Computer-Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without current or future sponsorship.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 weeks (full-time) during the summer internship timeframe in a hybrid work setting
- Familiarity with process mapping, including tools like Lucid Chart or Visio
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to Multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office
- Critical thinking
- Process improvement mindset
- Commitment to providing and designing a world-class team member and/or customer experience
- Strong analytical skills and/or a desire to learn
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client mindset and passion for team member experience
- Creative solutioning and interest in innovation
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.