Cox Media is looking for a results-oriented Marketing intern to support our Advertising Sales team with responsibility for providing administrative, coordination and marketing support to members of the Cox Media Marketing and Client Solutions team. Executes basic marketing-focused activities that directly support the Sales teams in creating and implementing marketing strategies, programs and materials for Cox Media products and services. This position strives to successfully attract new clients, grow total advertising spend with existing clients and reduce overall client churn in the local market.
- Gathers and compiles research data, programming data and campaign summaries from various sources for use by Sales and other departments
- Maintains media kit to ensure most up-to-date information is available
- Assists in compiling information and creating client-facing success stories
- Develops or formats sales presentations and other sales collateral material
- Generates and distributes promotional campaign affidavits for clients and networks
- Executes and coordinates internal and external client events, promotions, sales incentives, client trade and ticket requests, package creation and premium disbursement
- Pulls key media research reports for Sales Services and Sales Consultants
- Assists Marketing Communications Specialist with maintenance of Cox Media’s social media presence on identified platforms
- Performs general office administrative support, as required
- Attends sales calls, as required
- Analyzes competitive data to identify sales leads and opportunities
- Performs other duties as requested that directly support the Cox Media Marketing & Client Solutions team
Attributes/Skills we seek:
- Strong desire to learn
- Customer focused attitude
- Self-motivation and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Business Management and or Marketing Communications
One or more of the following
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Work, PowerPoint and Excel. Media sales research software and data experience a plus
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.