Senior Sales Engineer
What do you call someone with skills in sales, technology, and hospitality?
At Blueprint RF (a Cox Communications company), we call them our newest team member.
We’re looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with that precise intersection of talents to help bring businesses and their staff closer to their guests while improving the experiences of all. Want to work in a sales-forward culture with great pay and benefits? Looking for ethical leadership that makes advancement a priority? Keep reading if so…we might make a great match!
What’s In It For You?
Wouldn’t it be nice to know that someone has your back – for physical health, mental health, financial wellness and more? At Cox, it’s more than nice…it’s a reality. Check out a few of our employee benefits:
- We’re on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as rich and diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
What You’ll Do
You’ll help provide complete network solutions to meet the full and evolving needs of hospitality properties, staff and guests. You’ll also work with our sales teams to discover customer and business needs and translate these into application, system, technical and operational requirements for network installations. Other responsibilities include:
- Educating and consulting customers about technological requirements for network installation.
- Coordinating technical aspects of service delivery.
- Keeping current on new products, services and solutions.
- Meeting with prospective and existing customers.
- Ensuring that designs and specifications meet customer needs.
- Working with product managers, brand leads and the engineering team to ensure the sales teams' understanding of new products and brand standards.
- Working with the engineering team to ensure the feasibility of all installations and solutions.
- Supporting the sales organization as the technical subject matter expert.
- Attending vendor meetings and performing site surveys.
- Coordinating internal technical resources necessary to develop sales proposals and sales presentations.
Who You Are
You’ve got a sales personality: in other words, plenty of charisma and a healthy dose of competitiveness. You’re not just a salesperson, though; you’re a natural instructor who’s able to keep sales teams up to date on the latest products and services. You’re skilled at translating technical requirements into solutions for Wi-Fi network designs, and you have the following qualifications:
- 8 years of experience in a related field,
- OR a BS/BA degree in a related discipline with 4 years of experience in a related field,
- OR a MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 2 years of experience in a related field,
- OR Ph.D. in a related discipline.
- 5+ years of inter-networking experience.
- 5+ years of WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) program or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Service Provider or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Wireless or equivalent.
- Experience designing Meraki, Aruba, and/or Ruckus Wi-Fi networks (hospitality preferred).
- Experience with Wi-Fi in hospitality, education, healthcare, or other public verticals.
- The ability to generate technical presentations and effectively translate to the sales team and clients.
- The ability to understand technical issues and apply solutions, technology and products to meet a client’s networking needs.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, consulting, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to fully assess client situations and offer effective technology solutions.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Prior experience in pre-sales engineering support.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of network equipment and operations.
- The ability to educate customers in Wi-Fi design principles and deployment processes from site survey, network design, and planning to installation and testing.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.