Our Software Engineers are energetic problem-solvers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge software products for our customers. We are looking for ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be a strong individual contributor in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our development teams. You will be challenged to deliver right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance, maintainability and quality. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative
programming and mentoring are regularly practiced.
Technologies We Use:
Dart, Flutter, AWS (Lambda, S3, Kinesis)
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer who collaborates with your team to build, deploy, monitor and maintain highly performing and highly available production systems and applications.
- Actively participate in designing and implementing technical solutions to deliver high quality product features.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, and cloud solutions
- Enhance the performance and reliability of our current solutions
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Explore open source or industry-standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2+ years' experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented design and development experience
- 1+ years of experience in mobile development (Dart & Flutter preferred)
- Experience with RESTful API development and exposure to API tools like Postman, etc.
- Strong experience with version control using Git, GitHub
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support.
- Quick learner, ability to learn and apply new technology concepts quickly towards product delivery
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.