This position is responsible for the safe moving, staging, and parking of vehicles on Auction property, driving vehicles to and from Auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through Auction sale lanes on designated sale days and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
- Drive vehicles through Auction lanes on sale day in a safe manner.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated areas on Auction premises and to and from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, rules of the road and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Line up and park vehicles in the correct order as directed by supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate "lost" vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires and jump start vehicles using a battery box and air tank. Notify supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative; notify Service or Gas Truck Driver when vehicle is out of gas.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Previous auction experience.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive