The Business Analytics Intern is responsible for providing insights, analysis and reporting to support the operational success of Inventory Management’s (IMS) Client shared Services and other CAI Software Initiatives. The Business Analytics Intern will partner and collaborate with various internal groups to gain a well-rounded understanding of IMS’s businesses as well as associated data. This information will then be used to design, develop and maintain dashboards to disseminate insights. In addition to providing associated analytical support, the Business Analytics Intern will also serve as a subject matter expert and represent the perspective of insights and reporting with internal partners.
Primary Duties/Key Responsibilties:
- Facilitate meetings with business and Client Shared Services leaders to help identify the underlying needs of the business and drag out the “Why “
- Assist partners to understand the “Why” of requests and indicatives
- Understand the structure and business usage of the underlying data to formulate how the data and business needs are connected
- Coordinate with Data and Technology teams to confirm availability of data as well as any associated business rules that may lead to multiple versions of the truth
- Combine the “Why” with the data to translate business needs into reporting elements by turning qualitative descriptions into quantitative measures
- Create best-in-class dashboards that provide the insights needed to drive the business forward
- Gather and use multiple data elements to create relevant and actionable insights
- Articulate and present dashboard concepts as well as related insights and findings to leaders and partners including Client Shared Services leadership
- Present complex results in a way easily understandable by the rest of the company
- Partner with other team members to share insights, expertise and best practices
- Create standard template and best practices for Client Shared Services dashboards to be utilized by to drive standard look and feel
- Work closely with leaders in Technology and Data Strategy to stay apprised on new data sources available to business units
- Pro-actively partner and make recommendations for improved display and dissemination of data and KPIs
- Performs in-depth investigations of data problems employing statistical skills as needed
- Shadow SFX champion to learn how to extract SFX/Salesforce info
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to collaborate with other departments
- Customer focus, quality-oriented behavior
- Build analytical summary solutions that provide information that is complex in a normalized manner
Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills:
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior working toward Degree in Analytics, Economics, Business, Finance, or related field required; 2024 or 2025 Graduation date from Northwood University IL; education and work-related experience a plus
- Relevant analytical experience a plus, preferably in the automotive industry
- Demonstrated analytical (industry, market, and business) and quantitative skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Tableau creating visually-based methods of presenting information
- Ability to learn the interrelated impacts of business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to draw connections between data metrics and potential business drivers
- Willingness to work effectively within complex decision-making and organizational structures
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- History of using analytics to set strategy/influence decision-making
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, power point) required
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels from individual contributors
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.