Cox Automotive is undergoing a transformation of our pay, timekeeping, and scheduling practices. This role will serve as the business lead to design and implement a scheduling capability across our Manheim business unit. Collaborating with our system integration partner, the individual in this role will connect the scheduling process work by function to the advanced scheduling module in UKG Pro Workforce Management. This will require an understanding of the Manheim business and our various non-exempt functions, the features within the UKG Pro Workforce Management suite, and process design principals to support tool utilization. Success in this role will include a successful deployment of the UKG Pro Workforce Management advanced scheduling module in 2025 and utilization of the tool to drive labor optimization across our production organizations.
- Implementation of UKG Pro Workforce Management – 2024 & 2025
- Map current state scheduling processes across the organization
- Partner with product leads to understand available data integrations and develop plans to integrate additional data sources where necessary.
- Design processes to support labor scheduling enabled by the deployment of new timekeeping tools.
- Work with operations leaders to determine which features should be utilized and how they should be configured and administered.
- Solicit feedback from pilot user groups and work with the training organization to develop and administer appropriate process and technology training for non-exempt and leadership employee populations.
- Lead the deployment of the advanced scheduling module at the sites together with change management resources.
- Considers employee experience impacts when designing and implementing any timekeeping and schedule-related processes along with the new system.
- 2025 and Beyond
- Serve as liaison to technology for enhancement requests and tool optimization.
- Champion utilization of the scheduling module and associated processes.
- Provide regular updates to leadership on successes and challenges related to scheduling practices.
- Identify opportunities to impact resource utilization through the adjustment of shifts.
- Potential to lead a scheduling analyst who will focus on ensuring data integrity.
- Works with other members of the workforce analytics organization to tie operational planning models to scheduling infrastructure; supports ongoing operational planning work.
- Collaborates with various region and corporate level support teams within Cox Automotive (Operations Support, Product, Technology, Finance, HR, Safety, Security, etc.) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes are established that align with company objectives and high-quality client service and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and at least 8 years of experience. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years of experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years of experience in a related field; or 12 years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to socialize ideas and solicit input from stakeholders in the field as well as cross-functional partners; confident and articulate in presenting those ideas to senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships and influence the direction of our scheduling capability and how it is utilized
- Demonstrated ability to build and successfully deploy technology-enabled processes
- General knowledge of workforce management concepts including demand, capacity, scheduling and skillset management
- Experience operating in a matrixed organization with collaboration required between operations, technology, people solutions, finance, product and others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- MBA Degree
- Knowledge of Manheim auto auction business, core functions and key stakeholders
- Experience with UKG Pro Workforce Management
- Large-scale program or project management experience
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.