A Mobile Inspector II functions as a member of the Manheim Express team for a designated region with the primary responsibilities of providing accurate and complete documentation of overall vehicle condition within the parameters of a Manheim Express Inspection.
- Locate, start, move, inspect, and return vehicles on dealer’s lots safely.
- Conduct thorough assessment of vehicle condition following the Manheim Express Inspection process.
- Verify vehicle identification and enter accurate vehicle information into the inspection system to correct VIN, mileage, and sub series.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and options, documenting results including damage, missing or inoperable items.
- Inspect and record vehicle exterior condition, including but not limited to tires, frame, glass, panels, and mechanical components.
- Inspect and record the vehicle interior condition, including but not limited to seats, dashboard, and options.
- Perform basic mechanical checks on vehicles including powertrain, drivetrain, and electrical components.
- Functions as a solid team player and work closely with teammates, field sales, and customer care to create a superior customer experience.
- Utilize SalesForce.com for reporting, lead input and customer performance reviews.
- Inform and educate dealers of changes in auction policies and procedures.
- Partner with our Clients to inspect vehicles at their location and ask for more inventory.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience.
- Advanced automotive knowledge preferred.
- Two years of any automotive related experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Reliable transportation is required. Mileage reimbursed.
- Local travel / field work 100%
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Experience in navigating handheld and other documentation devices preferred.
- Motivated to work independently with remote supervision.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction is required.
- Body, paint, and mechanical repair knowledge helpful.
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame helpful.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 30 lbs. at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to crouch, bend, and kneel to look at side or underneath car. Strength to lift hood or trunk. Bend while performing audits. Reach inside or underneath vehicle.
- Near vision abilities required to find dings and scratches, paint work, hail damage, frame/unibody, other exterior damage and Interior damage. Able to identify exterior or interior colors.
- Ability to deal with different lighting (i.e. exterior and interior lighting, natural and artificial light)
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.