The Senior Director, Corporate Development will support M&A, investment, and divestment efforts for the Cox Automotive portfolio. This includes the execution of acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, divestitures and other structures.
The position will: 1) lead the internal investment, acquisition, and divestment process; 2) drive and own negotiations with the buyer or seller; 3) drive post-close deal matters to completion.
This position will be responsible for leading all phases of deal execution which includes managing cross-divisional and cross-functional internal teams and interfacing with critical external partners including legal advisors, financial advisors and strategic partners. The key focus areas include driving all aspects of the deal process internally, owning the interaction with the buyer or seller, and negotiating key portions of each deal. The ideal candidate will have significant corporate development experience.
- Own the deal process from start to finish, including becoming an advisor to key internal stakeholders and negotiating with buyers and sellers.
- Drive the execution of the deal and collaborate with the Integration team to ensure the deal is positioned to achieve its strategic objectives at close.
- Develop market, customer and competitor research to support and validate acquisition recommendations
- Evaluate acquisition and investment opportunities, including assessing market size, growth, segmentation and overall attractiveness, customer interviewing, detailing competitor strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Build detailed business and financial models of proposed transactions/strategies and various target valuation scenarios, including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, evaluating synergy opportunities including revenue enhancement opportunities, cost saving opportunities, product/service improvements, sales and market improvements
- Manage proposed transactions, including serving as an active contributor in the deal negotiation process, preparing term sheets, managing extensive due diligence, developing definitive agreements, disclosures, and other deal documents, providing support for integration into CAI
- Support aspects of integration planning and execution, including ongoing reporting and facilitation of key projects.
- Support Corp Dev Vice President
- Experience: 12+ years of relevant functional experience required which includes corporate development/M&A, private equity, deal advisory, and/or investment banking. Experience with Technology deals is preferred.
- Experience leading cross-division and cross-functional teams of key functional leaders and subject matter experts with a high ability to indirectly influence the organization.
- Strong C-Suite and executive presentation (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively interact with senior management and external partners.
- 10+ years’ experience building business and financial models of transactions/strategies and various target valuation scenarios, including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, evaluating synergy opportunities including revenue enhancement opportunities, cost saving opportunities, product/service improvements, sales and market improvements
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and research skills.
- Highly organized with strong ability to multi-task and manage competing projects simultaneously.
- Travel up to 20%
- Bachelor Degree required
- MBA or relevant certifications preferred
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.