Real relationships are sincere, authentic, and built on trust. These are the kinds of connections that move business forward. Imagine being the person who helps bring these relationships to life. If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, it’s time to learn more about Cox Business.
We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great sales teams across the US and we’re looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Client Relationship Executive , you’ll provide business owners the tools and technology to connect with their customers, helping them grow their business. If you’re feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, you can explore additional details here:
Who You Are
You’re known for your ambition and grit- you have a strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and colleagues alike. You’re quick on your feet with ideas and solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. You’ve got a proven track record in sales and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts real relationships first.
What You’ll Do – Position Summary
The Client Relationship Executive is responsible for growing and managing relationships with our existing client base. The CRE acts as a partner to our medium-sized business clients, helping them to solve their business communications needs and ensure the longevity of our partnership. The CRE nurtures and develops customer relationships over time, approaches problems with a “solutions” mindset, and proactively identifies upsell and cross-sell opportunities. Additionally, the CRE leverages strong time management skills to ensure client needs are met across the region portfolio. You’ll have a quota tied to a lucrative commission plan, so your earnings are in your hands. You may also manage industry-specific customers.
You’ll also tackle these to-dos – Functional Accountabilities:
- Meet with existing customers to assess their communication needs and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Proactively contact customers prior to contract expiration and/or responds to customer requests to problem solve, renew / revise contracts and sell additional products and services.
- Develop strategies, and presentations to increase customer spend by selling complex bundled voice, data, and video solutions to existing customers.
- Use consultative and value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox Business to educate and influence customers.
- Negotiate pricing and products with existing customers. Ensure that product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Serve as main point of contact and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Make frequent contact; maintain in-depth knowledge of customers’ business, industry, and key competitors; regularly update needs analysis
- Identify and route new sales opportunities to the appropriate sales groups.
- Manage and maintains required pipeline, win/loss, and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.
- Assist with other duties as the business dictates.
What’s In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + competitive commission plan rewarding strong performance) , 401(k) with a generous company match , comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance.
- We value people more than technology. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and your uniqueness – yes, you - as a person . We encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so. We also believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- At Cox, there are boundless opportunities for growth ; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You’ll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- Your sales territory will be local , so if you’re looking to be home for your family at night or meet your friends for dinner at the end of the day, we’ve got you covered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Skills, Experience, & Education
- 6 years of experience in a related field (e.g. Product Development, Technology, Marketing, Process Improvement, etc.); or a BS/BA degree in a related discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) with 2 years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful track record meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Requires proficiency and relative work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office and a CRM- customer relationship management tool.
- telecommunications, technology or cloud sales experience
- Field sales, pipeline development, new lead generation and prospecting experience.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.