For Summer 2024, we have an opportunity on our Sales Process and Insights team for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in process, analytics, problem solving and reporting who is willing to help us develop and maintain our strategy and execution. The intern will be aligned to working on a sales process optimization project.
Projects/Assignments may include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Sales teams on mapping key processes, identifying gaps and opportunities
- Create analysis and reporting on process gaps/opportunities for presentation to management, including upper management, at corporate and in our markets.
- Provide consultation on key projects.
- Collaborate and lead working sessions, ideation sessions and drive key projects.
- Assist in development and management of KPI’s for process workstreams. Drive a greenbelt project; work towards certification.
- Support operational initiatives designed to increase employee productivity and drive efficiency in the business.
- Assist in day-to-day operational activities.
Attributes/Skills we seek:
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong desire to learn about process from both the technological and analytical side.
- Experience with Excel
- Self-motivation and accountability
- Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Business Analytics, Business Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or Information Sciences program with a very strong emphasis academically and personally in data analytics/statistics. Engineering and Computer Science majors with a strong interest in business may also be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- The position is in Atlanta, GA; Cox Communications does not provide a housing allowance.
- U.S work authorization, sponsorship is not available for this program.
- One or more of the following:
- Technical aptitude; engineering classes a plus.
- Major in Business /Statistics/Mathematics/Engineering/ Computer Science.
- Experience or coursework in statistics.
- Knowledge of marketing, finance, operations, and business strategy.
- Knowledge of data analytics/visualization software such as Tableau, OBIEE, and Alteryx.
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.