Cox Automotive is seeking a dedicated mid-level Software Engineer to join our dynamic Central Dispatch team. This role requires an individual with a passion for software development, ready to contribute to our mission of delivering top-tier software solutions.
Cox Automotive remains at the forefront of the automotive technology services sector. We're not just about building software; we're about building futures. Join our team of devoted engineers, all united by a common goal: creating impactful, innovative software that pushes boundaries and aids our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in team discussions with analysts, product owners, and other stakeholders to comprehend and transform functional and technical requirements into actionable tasks.
- Aid in estimating the scope of development work for diverse projects and enhancements.
- Collaborate with members within the software engineering team, embracing shared knowledge and fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Contribute to problem-solving sessions, brainstorming, and innovative solution design.
- Offer insights from a fresh perspective, striving for continuous software and process improvement.
- Engage in the software development lifecycle, from initial design through to deployment, crafting reliable and efficient software solutions.
- Develop, test, and refine software components using .NET C# and other relevant tools, always focusing on maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with the QA team to ensure thorough testing and quality assurance for all developed features.
- Troubleshoot and rectify software issues as they arise, ensuring optimal system performance and user satisfaction.
- Participate in code reviews, learning from peers and ensuring consistent code quality.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry best practices, ensuring your skills remain sharp and relevant.
- Adhere to best practices in software development, contributing to a culture of excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, with three to five years of hands-on software development experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in in .NET C#, React and Typescript.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS), is preferred. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
- Solid grasp of software development best practices and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working in an agile development environment, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional teams.
- Clear and effective communication skills, able to present technical details to a varied audience.
- A keen sense of team spirit, open-mindedness, and a genuine passion for software engineering.
Tools & Tech Stack
React, Typescript, Single SPA
JetBrains Developer Tool suite (Preferably Rider)
RESTful APIs (creating as well as leveraging/integrating 3rd Party APIs)
AWS (Developer Tools, EC2, SQS, SNS, Elasticache, and RDS)
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.