Are you interested in exploring a career in advertising sales and learning from the best in the business? Cox Media has an outstanding opportunity to join our team as a paid Sales Intern.
Cox Media's mission is to help businesses of all sizes connect with their customers through the most engaging advertising platforms and technologies available. We hire energetic, passionate sales professionals who represent the most reputable television brands in the industry, including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo, and many more. Our cutting-edge digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences anywhere using a variety of tactics on top platforms like Google, Bing, YouTube, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Pandora, and more.
The Sales Internship position is an exciting opportunity for someone self-motivated and driven to be successful and learn every facet of advertising sales and marketing. There are several departments within Cox Media other than sales, and you will learn essential functions within each and valuable business skills from capable mentors. While working with Sales Associates and seasoned Advertising Media Consultants, you will find new business, participate in sales calls, and assist in designing advertising and marketing campaigns and sales presentations. You will receive hands-on experience in how marketing campaigns are created, pitched, and executed. The skills you learn will provide you a solid foundation to prepare you for a successful career as an Advertising Media Consultant.
We provide all the necessary training and resources you need to be successful!
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with the various departments within Cox Media
• Develop a high level of working knowledge about our products, offerings, and departments.
• Assist in developing television and digital advertising and marketing campaigns for new businesses and current clients
- Generate new business leads for Sales Associates/Media Consultants by prospecting and reaching out to business prospects via online, phone, and email, when possible, in-person.
• Help create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
• Represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and build relationships with key decision-makers
- Enrolled as a senior full-time at an accredited college/university
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle and prioritize projects simultaneously
- Positive, energetic, and motivated personality; eager to learn and is aggressive in the pursuit of excellence
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome – we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
- Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.