Beginnings are exciting. Whether it’s the start of a new book, hobby or career, there’s a certain exhilaration at diving into something new.
Across the Cox family of businesses (Cox Enterprises, Cox Communications and Cox Automotive), we’re looking for Finance Analysis Interns with that kind of motivation to join our team. If you’re interested in investing your time and skills into a team-centric and high-visibility role with a company that truly cares about you and your future, keep reading. We may have just the spot for you!
What’s In It For You?
- We value your time and potential. At Cox, you’ll be exposed to meaningful and challenging work.
- You won’t be left alone to figure things out. You’ll have a team of supporters (plus an assigned program mentor) who will show you the ropes, guide you to excellence and cheer you on.
- You’ll experience real accountability to develop your professional skills.
- You’ll gain exposure to the various industries that Cox operates in, including telecommunications, automotive, new media, and controlled agriculture.
- You’ll expand your network and professional toolbox through exposure to senior leaders.
- You’ll help us build a bold future that is sustainable, accessible, and inclusive.
What You’ll Do
You’ll handle the financial modeling of business cases. Additionally, you’ll tackle planning and reporting activities, business health assessments and various ad-hoc analyses. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing financial models and business cases to support functional business leaders with key decisions.
- Analyzing raw data and then repackaging, simplifying, and determining key takeaways from the results.
- Assisting with the development of presentations for an executive-level audience.
- Evaluating business performance by developing reporting tools.
- Help develop the planning and analysis of Cox’s strategic investments.
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans.
- Completing special projects and preparing reports.
- Networking within the business, getting to know leaders and peers.
Who You Are
You’ve got a solid understanding of financial modeling, financial statements, variance analysis and reporting key business drivers. It seems too easy to say “you know money,” but that’s a big part of the job. You’re exceptionally motivated and comfortable speaking honestly to all levels of the business. You also have the following qualifications:
- Current college student pursuing a BA/BS degree in a related field.
- Solid analytical and research capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.