Application Deadline: 3/9/2024
Do you appreciate sales savviness? Well, let us sell you on working here.
We’re RapidScale Powered by Logicworks, part of the Cox family of businesses, and we spend our days helping our customers migrate, run and operate mission-critical workloads on AWS, Azure, and GCP. Together with our team of dedicated certified engineers, we ensure our customers’ success across every stage of the cloud adoption framework. Best of all, we do all this in an environment of fun, work-life balance and camaraderie.
But enough about us…let’s talk about you.
Are you looking for a positive career change and the opportunity to join a team of business and tech professionals in the fast-growing cloud computing business? If so, you might like our Senior Solutions Specialist position. We’ll provide all the tools and technical support you need to help identify, attract and win new consulting and cloud operations business.
Did we pique your interest? If so, keep reading!
What’s In It For You?
Life comes at you fast sometimes. When it does, it’s good to be with a stable company like Cox that has amazing resources, but maintains the friendliness of a startup. With our best-in-class benefits and award-winning employee culture, you won’t have to sweat the small stuff. Here’s a little peek at some ways we help:
- We’re on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be an integral part of our growing go-to-market team. You’ll help advance the company through new logo sales, with a focus on both recurring and non-recurring revenue. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll help expand our legacy of excellence. Other responsibilities include:
- Attaining monthly, quarterly and yearly goals and earn additional income under our commission plan.
- Building a pipeline by driving opportunities through all stages of sales cycles while also leveraging internal and external resources.
- Networking and leveraging the AWS, Microsoft, and GCP field organizations and ecosystems to generate new business.
- Work with your peers in Cox Business to drive lead generation from the existing Cox Business customer base.
- Developing and maintaining a 4-to-1 advanced funnel to quota ratio in order to meet targeted revenue goals.
- Managing daily business activities by using Salesforce to provide feedback on and track prospects and opportunities.
Who You Are
You’re motivated and intellectually curious. You’ve got big, big energy and drive. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as executive presence? You’ve got those too. You also have the following:
- A BA/BS Degree with 6 years of overall experience, or a MS degree and 4 years of overall experience, or a Ph.D with 1 year of experience, or 10 years of overall experience without a degree
- A minimum of 6 years of experience selling IT solutions to all levels of decision makers and influencers.
- Proven commercial experience in a new business sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling within the IT infrastructure/technology sector.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals, and/or Google Cloud Sales certification (preferably a more advanced certification like AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate).
- A demonstrable ability to develop rapport with all levels of decision makers and influencers.
- A proven and verifiable track record in exceeding sales quotas.
- Full lifecycle B2B sales experience.
- An established network of influencers and senior-level decision makers.
- Experience navigating the AWS and/or GCP ecosystems to leverage partner programs and generate new business leads.
- Knowledge and experience selling any of the following:
- IaaS and containerization.
- Infrastructure as code.
- Application refactoring.
- Linux and Windows O/S and application stacks.
- Security and/or compliance services.
- Industry knowledge in any of the following verticals is highly desired:
About RapidScale Powered by Logicworks:
Now part of the Cox Communications family, our cloud operations platform combines world-class engineering talent, policy-as-code and integrated tooling to enable customers to confidently meet compliance regulations, security requirements, cost control and high availability. Together with our team of dedicated certified engineers and decades of IT management experience, we ensure our customers’ success across every stage of the cloud adoption framework.
Compensation includes a base salary of $102,900.00 - $171,500.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. In addition to the salary range identified herein, this role is also eligible for an annual incentive/commission target of $90,000.00.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company’s needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.