*** If you have any questions or to connect with a recruiter while your application is being reviewed, please Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130 ***
****Veterans encouraged to apply****
Fleet Services – A Cox Automotive Company keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Fleet Services by Cox Automotive has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
Fleet Services is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Fleet Services also services customers utilizing its 50+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
Fleet Services By Cox Automotive is currently hiring a Shop Trailer Mechanic I. This is a dedicated on-site shop position and we do not provide emergency side of the road type of repairs. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you! The Shop Trailer Technician I will be responsible for performing DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light repairs, and other duties as assigned such as aluminum and chem-lite, trailer brakes, air lines, auxiliary pumps and engines, liftgates, and brake chambers. The Shop Trailer Technician I can perform more advanced repairs under the supervision of a Shop Trailer Technician II or higher. The Shop Trailer Technician I assists Shop Trailer Technician II or higher Technicians with repairs and continues to learn additional advanced mechanical skills and diagnosis. A successful Shop Trailer Technician I complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Always follows and complies with safe operating practices and procedures.
- Independently determine parts required for each job and interact with the Shop Parts Department to obtain them.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in cleanup at the end of each day for tools, parts, and equipment.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Work with Service Writer to assess customer needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a Shop environment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Trailer tools, welding equipment, lifts and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued device and/or Karmak application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Communicate with Shop Manager and support team to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Maintain Shop assigned service trucks, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of trailer equipment and systems including, but not limited to the following: aluminum and chem-lite, trailer brakes, air lines, auxiliary pumps and engines, liftgates, and brake chambers, Trailer steering systems.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED and up to 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or within 72 hrs of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- OEM training and certifications are preferred.
- Participate in and complete all-in company required training
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS OR OBTAINED WITHIN 18 MONTHS
- ASE T8 (PMI) certification
- ASE 608/609 certification*
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of trailer parts and systems, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, to make repairs or perform maintenance services.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Ability to communicate information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed.
WHY FLEET SERVICES BY COX AUTOMOTIVE?
- $17.21-$22+ hourly depending on experience and location.
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.