Highly motivated Sr. Vehicle Operations Logistics Specialist will focus on cultivating and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with our carrier partners. This individual should be able to maintain and update contracted carrier database details and assist in finding alternative carriers if existing carriers are unable to meet their contract obligations. To be a successful Logistics Specialist, you should be able to work with the multiple internal departments to ensure alignment, be an advocate of the process to both carriers and internal team members. A high-performing Logistics Specialist should be able to develop and implement innovative ideas to enhance performance strategies.
- Serve as an advocate for our network of carriers.
- Form and maintain long-lasting relationships with new as well as existing carriers.
- Leverage relationships across Ready Logistics internal and external partners to provide support and grow partnerships with existing contracted carriers.
- Responsible for remediating issues and addressing all escalations in a timely and effective manner.
- Leverage tools, dashboards, and reports to create an exceptions-based approach to remediating out-of-compliance inventory and follow through to resolution.
- Lead conversations with carriers that are under review to have lanes/contract terminated.
- Maintain records of performance issues through Salesforce
- Provide weekly overview of the region’s Wins, Opportunities & Threats
- Advocate continuous improvement and provide feedback and input into processes and systems enhancements to optimize workflows and introduce efficiency.
- Serve as the ‘Go To’ subject matter expert for your area of responsibility and book of business.
- Support ad hoc projects.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse carriers and teams with diverse personalities, during high pressure scenarios, within extremely tight deadlines.
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities, and projects.
- Develop and maintain key processes established by the business.
- Ensure timely and effective problem resolution.
- Maintain monthly scorecard and establish consistent cadence with carrier performance reviews.
- Strong understanding of the auto transport industry, carrier types, truck types and capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to partner well with colleagues in a matrixed work environment.
- Ability to work independently and to undertake responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Adapting approach and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Passion for and understanding of the automotive industry and ecosystem.
- 7 years of experience in a related field (customer service and/or operations experience preferably within the automotive industry, Logistics experience, etc); or a High school diploma/GED with 5 years of experience in a related field; or an AS/AA degree, BS/BA degree or certification in a related discipline with 3 years of experience in a related field
- Servant team member with ability to build strong trusted relationships.
- Enjoys solving problems and is able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Motivated, driven, and can influence and drive teams to success.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in highly matrixed environments.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Occasional exposure to weather conditions, and noise.
- Long periods of sitting or standing in an office environment
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive:
Cox Automotive is a leading provider of vehicle remarketing services and digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers and consumers. Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, includes Manheim, AutoTrader.com , Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, NextGear Capital, and a host of global businesses and brands serving clients such as auto dealers, manufacturers and financial institutions. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 team members in over 150 locations worldwide. The company partners with more than 40,000 dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, and touches over 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. Cox Automotive unites more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way people buy and sell cars every day.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.