The main objective of this position is to develop statistical and machine learning analysis within the Advanced marketing Analytical team. In this role, the student will be able to learn all the steps to become a sound data scientist, to improve analytical skills and to develop data science reporting capabilities.
While performing the data scientist analysis, you will be providing forecasting and machine learning analysis to help the marketing team to improve its targeting selection for diverse strategic and contact activities. In addition, you will develop a strong professional network with the Cox family of companies, which includes Cox Communications (residential and business communications), Cox Auto Group (Auto Trader, Manheim, Kelley Blue Book), Cox Media (Television and Radio stations) and others.
- Learn how to extract, transform, and load (ETL) the data for analysis.
- Learn how to perform data cleansing, exploratory data analysis.
- Learn how to work with different data sources to be able to produce the requested analysis.
- Learn how to analyze machine learning results.
- Learn how to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives using optimized contact strategies for marketing activities.
- Produce reports summarizing your findings.
- Able to forecast marketing activities
Skills / qualifications:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Strong analytic skill.
- Strong background in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- Background using Microsoft tools mentioned above.
- Detail oriented and able to meet project timelines through good time management and work prioritization.
- Oral and written communications skills, as well as presentation skills.
- A positive attitude, determination, and humility.
- All STEM majors are encouraged to apply, with preference to Math, Stat, Computer Science, Engineering majors.
- Intermediate to advance analytical skills.
- Background or relevant coursework in any of the following areas: Mathematic, Statistics, Data Scientist, Computer and Information systems and Programming.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and use the findings to inform decision making.
- Python, PySpark, SQL or other coding and visualization skills are highly preferred.
- Hadoop and cloud computing.
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.