Life is all about making real connections with people, and it takes a special someone to be the friendly face ready to help people day in and day out. That’s part of the magic you’ll bring to Cox as an Indirect Retail Sales Associate .
We’re looking for a sales-driven pro who can step into the spotlight and represent Cox customers at third-party retail locations. You’ll educate customers on our products and guide them through their purchase decision and installation process. Your contributions will not only help customers, but they’ll be pivotal to our continued growth and success.
The targeted annual salary for this role is $49,002, reflecting a base rate of at least $16.18/hour and a target commission of $1,279 monthly, while high earners (the top 10%) reach an average annual compensation of just over $68,000. Targeted total compensation may vary based on factors including, but not limited to: location, candidate experience level, and successful completion of minimum sales targets. Employees also receive a ramp period of up to 2 months to adjust to commission earnings. Apply today and connect to your future!
What’s In It for You?
Here’s a sneak peek of the benefits you could experience as a Cox employee:
- A competitive salary and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- Exceptional work-life balance, flexible time-off policies and accommodating work schedules.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits from day one, with multiple options for individuals and families.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities, including tuition assistance.
- Access to financial wellness/planning resources.
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets).
What You’ll Do
The way we connect in our day-to-day lives — catching up with a friend on the phone, hopping on a video call for work or unwinding with loved ones in front of the TV — is made possible by the products and services you’ll be demonstrating to customers. You’ll:
- Educate customers on our product and accessory capabilities.
- Offer product recommendations based on customers’ wants and needs.
- Provide best-in-class service when assisting with a purchase or resolving an issue.
- Offer support to other sales agents as needed.
- Meet individual sales, revenue and customer experience targets.
- Execute sales and marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Ensure sales area is always fully stocked, clean and presentable.
- Participate in workshops, special events and product demonstrations to encourage customer loyalty.
- Attend training sessions to stay up to date on Cox’s products/services and industry best practices.
Who You Are
You have a way with people — and you love meeting and connecting with anyone and everyone. You also have a knack for computers and can learn things quickly and help distill information about products and services for others. Here’s more on what you bring to the table:
- High school diploma, GED or up to 2 years relevant work experience.
- The ability to meet established sales, retention and customer experience targets.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that can include certain weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Reliable, consistent transportation so that you can commute and work at different retail locations as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment.
- The ability to be mobile for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services, as well as lift 25 to 50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory.
- Experience in sales or a related field.
- Experience with store operations.
- Experience with billing and handling cash.
- Knowledge of Cox products and services.
Please note that additional vendor background checks, training or certification may be required depending on the assigned third-party location.
Ready to leverage your people skills and grow your sales career? Join us!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.