It is an exciting time to join RapidScale. Having completed our integration of Logicworks into RapidScale we are now embarking on the next phase of growth which includes implementing a ServiceNow platform to integrate with our existing automation platforms, combining ticketing systems and building new workflows to enhance the business. The ServiceNow Lead Architect is responsible for defining sound, technical solutions for these key initiatives by leveraging the ServiceNow platform. This role will identify and lead the implementation of best practices and architectural solutions and partner with other Technology Architects in setting the future platform direction.
- Provide technical advice and best practices from early phase proposals through, design, code, test and implementation.
- Supports technical discovery and assessment efforts and architects’ high-level solutions, demos solution capabilities and/or provide recommendations to meet gathered requirements.
- Helps drive best practice decisions on development, performance tuning and integration.
- Produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Documents solutions designs in technical architecture documents and solution architecture documents.
- Define and present solutions to customers to gain their buy-in and lead the team towards a successful outcome
- Accountable for the incorporation of cybersecurity controls, privacy and data policies and procedures into each solution design as defined by information security and legal/privacy.
- Leverage and integrate existing technologies to satisfy customer business objectives
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide ServiceNow technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Provides input in the planning and development of new features and capabilities
- Establish and enforce systems design and architectural standards through communication, documentation, and design reviews.
- Identifies opportunities to standardize and simplify related solutions architecture across the platform
- Understand customer objectives to ensure solution recommendations are relevant and add value to the organization.
- Execute technical presentations to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
- Evaluate ServiceNow products and solutions that might improve or enhance services provided
- Serve as technical debt ambassador for the ServiceNow portfolio and key contributor to Architecture Community of Practice forum
Job Qualifications – Experience/Education/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in designing and implementing solutions on the ServiceNow platform (including custom applications) in a corporate environment
- 1 years’ experience in a lead role
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience developing ServiceNow integration solutions with external applications leveraging custom and pre-built APIs
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to ServiceNow integration solutions (SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST)
- Working knowledge of ITIL Processes Change, Release, Incident, Problem management and HRSD
- Experience implementing and configuring, Inbound Email processing, Flow Designer, and Integration Hub.
- Proven customer-facing consulting and presentation skills, especially around understanding customer needs, devising innovative solutions, and communicating solutions in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines
- Ability to persuade users, project managers, and senior leadership on technical solutions
- Ability to work across multiple organizations to complete projects.
- Outstanding verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Degree in computer science or management of information systems strongly desired
- Advanced ServiceNow Certifications (CTA OR CMA)
- Experience leveraging Agile software methodology
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.