Software Test Engineer Responsibilities.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog refinement, and release planning.
- Participate in ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new testing technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Implement testing automation, test data management strategy, and test automation frameworks
- Develops new or maintains existing test automation frameworks for all applications that automation currently supports
- Coordinates test automation activities across supported applications
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites
- Provides metrics on code coverage for automated test suites
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Provides domain knowledge of practices related to resilience, performance, security, and similar topics to assist our engineering teams to deliver reliable, performance and secure servers to our visitors and partners.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field (or at least minimum of 2+ years of development experience)
- 4+ years of software testing, automation, or software development experience .
- Knowledge in integrating automated testing with CI/CD processes.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries is a must.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java or Python or Ruby.
- Experience with API testing is a must
- Knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Understanding of Agile QA concepts, practices, processes, and tools.
- Passion for delivering high-quality products to clients.
- Working experience in a unit, functional, and integration testing
- Good understanding of industry development, testing processes, deployment processes, and agile development methodologies desired.
- Excellent communication, time management, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.