- Respond to customer inquiries relating to vehicles.
- Provide quality service and assist in resolving problems.
- Mail out sale packages the day after sale.
- Pull and update consignment inventory information of vehicles transmitted by customer. Investigate transmission errors.
- Verify vehicle eligibility for the sale and provide customer with inventory reconciliation report.
- Communicate with Transportation department in order to arrange required transportation or obtain information including transportation condition reports, bills, etc. Pull transmitted transportation charges as needed.
- Establish customer vehicle files in the computer system. Update vehicle files on a continuous basis with standardized abbreviations to assure that vehicle location, condition, special announcements, and other activities relative to the vehicle are properly recorded.
- Seek floor price information from account representative and enter it into computer system. Review, enter, and update vehicle condition report information in the computer system.
- Pull and print electronic condition reports. Provide customer with copies as necessary. In coordination with account representative, account operations coordinator, and account specific procedures, prepare sale vehicle run process including run order, scheduling, notice to customer account, etc.
- Follow up on vehicle preparation for the sale by reconciling incoming bills against ordered work/repairs for each Institutional customer vehicle.
- Contact customer coordinators, service vendors and/or account representative when the information is missing, or problems occur.
- Communicate with accounting department in order to balance the sale and perform post-sale invoicing for accounts receivable as needed.
- Maintain and update physical vehicle inventory files that document all activities relative to each customer vehicle, assuring accurate sale processing/closing records.
- Communicate with Online Operations department in order to prepare assigned vehicles for online programs.
- Prepare various reports, lists and handouts such as sales and expense report, sold vehicles by net amounts report, dealer attendance report, lot and transportation damage report, block summaries, etc.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline; OR 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Data entry experience is required. General title experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Good computer software skills necessary. Must possess basic Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service is essential.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Hourly pay rate is $19.13 - $28.65/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.