At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, we’re taking charge to create the future of automotive. We’ve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some pretty amazing software creations.
And now, we’re building a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you could make this a reality. All while working in an environment that puts collaboration and culture at the forefront of everything we do.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll rely on strong leadership skills to make decisions, support your vision, influence your team and earn their trust.
- You’ll work cross functionally with other engineers and analysts to make sure everything we deliver is of the highest caliber. Your efforts will pave the way for consumers, dealers and lenders to seamlessly transact by providing secure, reliable and easy ways to manage the entire life cycle of a digital contract.
- You will drive the engineering solutions for the projects you’re spearheading, guiding the technical direction of your scrum team. You will also work to influence the technical direction across teams collaborating on high-impact projects.
- You’ll work with our engineers, guiding and coaching them so they grow, learning about their challenges and helping them emerge as even stronger coders and tech leaders.
- You’ll expect quality in everything you and your team do, while embracing a spirit of agility and creativity. You’ll always be looking for ways we can improve, and you’ll ask all the right questions to find better ways to get things done.
- You’ll rely on your exceptional technology, process, and people skills to resolve issues, create transformative products and drive positive change. You understand security always needs to be top-of-mind, and you’ll make sure your scrum team walks the walk with standards and guidelines.
What’s In It For You?
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you will find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know you’re always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, you’ll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports.
- You’ll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We don’t believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- You’ll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. At Cox, we are eternal optimists and we strive to bring out the best in everyone. Our beliefs, our ways of working and lifting each other up, our knowledge, and our commitment to people and purpose all form a cultural fabric that is remarkably flexible, but extraordinarily strong.
- You’ll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but it’s true. Across the Cox family of businesses, we’ve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships and employee volunteer opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 7+ years of experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with AWS and have worked intimately with AWS cloud native applications.
- You’re a polyglot, someone who is comfortable with a variety of programming languages. Our stack is primarily .NET Core, with DynamoDB as our traditional data store and React for our user interfaces. AWS serving as our cloud provider, which allows us to focus on and leverage serverless technologies.
- Experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines, docker containers, and blue/green deployments, as well as creating and deploying scalable API’s leveraging API gateways.
- Comfortable breaking a monolithic application down into smaller services
- You’ll often hear differing opinions, and you’ll show that you can change your opinion when new information comes along that changes the dynamic. Your courage and natural humility will be on full display when you make a mistake by owning it and then learning from it.
- You are comfortable in areas like network, storage, infrastructure or security. In fact, you may even be a “full stack engineer,” not limited to programming languages.
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Clutch®, Dealertrack®, Dealer.com®, HomeNet®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, Modix®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., and serving the automotive industry since 1926, which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.