Flexible enough for the SMB and powerful enough for the enterprise, RapidScale, a Cox Business company, is a global managed cloud services provider helping organizations increase IT productivity, improve security, and empower remote workforces. Some organizations partner with RapidScale to manage portions of their IT, while others offload it all. Through our global network of data centers and our 24/7/365 high-touch support team, we obsess over creating an exceptional IT experience through a human approach to managed cloud.
The Senior Manager DevOps Engineering role will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Engineers at RapidScale. The role includes but is not limited to contributing to and managing the teams responsible for production support of our Salesforce, Monitoring and Azure-based Software platforms. Experience managing cloud based platforms that deliver key business functionality is a must.
Areas of Focus
- Directs the efforts of professional staff.
- Ensures procedures are in place to effectively manage and audit production support processes, activity and results.
- Collaborates across DevOps Engineering and other technical teams to define architecture, optimize performance and right size environments.
- Works closely with development and production teams to optimize workflow processes.
- Leads technical evaluation of new technologies and tools.
- Manages release and deployment cycles for new technologies and products.
- Defines DevOps Engineering processes and procedures along with quality guidelines and standards.
- Plans, designs and optimizes production processes.
- Oversees intricate system and network solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Assess performance against KPIs and makes corrections to improve performance.
What We Look For
- BA/BS with 8+ years's of experience in related field with at least 3 years experience in a management/lead OR MS + 6 years experience OR Ph.D. + 3 years experience OR 12 years’ experience in a related field without degree
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Azure, N-Able or LogicMonitor a plus.
- Understanding of cloud based platforms and architecture.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a variety of different teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- Work experience in design, development, and implementation of platform support procedures.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in working with a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.